[Plugin] PeerJS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Very nice plugin. I managed to get it working fine for my App using Chrome browser.

Is it compatibly with CocoonJS? I get an error when trying to export and test in the launcher =( I am not minifying the script?

Any help would be appreciated so I can get my android app online =) I get an error

And then all the touch controls and games goes funny. (eg you leave the layout but the game for some reason will end you back to the layout for no reason? Odd)

• Very nice plugin. I managed to get it working fine for my App using Chrome browser.

Is it compatibly with CocoonJS? I get an error when trying to export and test in the launcher =( I am not minifying the script?

Any help would be appreciated so I can get my android app online =) I get an error

And then all the touch controls and games goes funny. (eg you leave the layout but the game for some reason will end you back to the layout for no reason? Odd)

Web RTC on mobile is very buggy. I don't think cocoonjs can do that.

• link error, please reupload

• azurekame

links updated

• Hello R0J0hound

Its "PeerJS" plugin is very good, simple and functional, but it has 2 subjects to ask you.

• The plugin has for some time, the PeerJS site has already made updates on its API, does it happen to add something new in the plugin, new commands and functionalities?
    • Because it is not possible to use MiniyScript with the PeerJS plugin added to the project, has something in the plugin that seems to not allow the use of minifyscript, talvelz be the first line of the plugin there is a script already comminify ?.

I'm looking forward for some update or new commands or a minifyscipt fix if possible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could we pass voice data/microphone with this? I tried using the user media object and could not figure out. Great work by the way!

• Reinarte

There probably are updates to the api that could be useful, but i'm not updating this anymore. It can probably be made to work with the minifier, but same deal, i'm not diving into the source to find out why.

gamegennick

No, what the plugin does is probably all it will ever do.

• Update the links please.

• The website transition was unfortunate since urls where omitted or broken. Maybe they will fix that with further website updates. I'm not going to touch it though.

A workaround idea could be to use the wayback machine to look at an archived version of the old forum with the link text still intact.

archive.org/web

• Tom has stated many times that no links have been lost and will eventually be restored.

Please just wait a little while and hopefully Tom will get on top of this.

• Hello, for some reason I can't login/register on the peerjs.com website and my (the example one too) keys don't work anymore.

"Error: Invalid key provided"

What should I do? Is this temporary, or are they closing the cloud ^^?

e: ok, fixed it by editing runtime and changing the first row with new version of peer.min.js

R0J0hound Could you update your plugin download file with that ^^?

dropbox.com/s/ypur42w8uc7n82h/runtime%20%E2%80%94%20use%20this%20one.js

no key seems to be needed anymore.

• R0J0hound - Bit of a long shot.

I finally found my old keystore for my old bowls app. I used this back several years ago to make it online (Before the multiplayer plugin)

I noticed that it doent work anymore - Do you know if its something from PeerJS / Cordova?

I plan on creating a new app with the multiplayer plugin but it would be nice to fix this now i can publish again the old version.

Thanks

• Hi,

No, I don’t know why it doesn’t work anymore. Could be peerjs since as I recall it talks with their server to connect stuff together. Also I only have the vaguest idea what Cordova is. It never interested me.

Anyways, never hurts to ask. I still pop in to read here and there. I’m not updating/fixing plugins though.

• Thanks for the reply. Looks PeerJS end as desktop connections also stopped working.

When I first built it, you could cross platofrm online :)

Cordova is just used for building to android / ios

No problem - I'll just have to learn the C2 multiplayer for anything further to bring it back.

Shame, as it felt pretty novel using your PeerJS plugin all those years ago to have cross platform multplayer before it was officially posible

Cheers,

• vikuserro

I downloaded the old example start of this thread and get an error back saying "Error: Invalid key provided" My app using PEERJS also has this issue. Are you able to help?

I've replaced the runtime file in my plugin with the one in the link but can;t get it working

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)