[Plugin] Cordova Facebook Connect

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I have tried everything, the parameters are set in the Intel XDK for the Facebook plugin you mentioned.

The only param I have to test is "user_profile".

There should be a window that pops up to login with your Facebook credential correct?

Josek5494

• I have tried everything, the parameters are set in the Intel XDK for the Facebook plugin you mentioned.

The only param I have to test is "user_profile".

There should be a window that pops up to login with your Facebook credential correct?

Josek5494

Maybe in your device your credentials are already in and it detects automatically. Test On login failed/success events and another feature like invite friends or posting a dialog to see if at least something works.

• > I have tried everything, the parameters are set in the Intel XDK for the Facebook plugin you mentioned.

>

> The only param I have to test is "user_profile".

>

> There should be a window that pops up to login with your Facebook credential correct?

>

> Josek5494

>

Maybe in your device your credentials are already in and it detects automatically. Test On login failed/success events and another feature like invite friends or posting a dialog to see if at least something works.

Tried on login success/ failed.

None of them are triggering. There is no Facebook window that comes up to even login with.

• >

> > I have tried everything, the parameters are set in the Intel XDK for the Facebook plugin you mentioned.

> >

> > The only param I have to test is "user_profile".

> >

> > There should be a window that pops up to login with your Facebook credential correct?

> >

> > Josek5494

> >

>

> Maybe in your device your credentials are already in and it detects automatically. Test On login failed/success events and another feature like invite friends or posting a dialog to see if at least something works.

>

Tried on login success/ failed.

None of them are triggering. There is no Facebook window that comes up to even login with.

Your device has Facebook installed? Anyway, test other functions like Invite to see if nothing happens too.

• Hi Jose,

I've been testing out your plugin today. Similar to GameThirsty, I am able to build to both iOS and Android but none of the actions in your plugin does anything.

I have tried multiple different parameters in the login call and the app ID and name are correct in the Intel XDK plugin. None of the other functions (share dialog, get login status, app request etc.) work either.

GameThirsty did you manage to solve your issues?

• Hi Jose,

I've been testing out your plugin today. Similar to GameThirsty, I am able to build to both iOS and Android but none of the actions in your plugin does anything.

I have tried multiple different parameters in the login call and the app ID and name are correct in the Intel XDK plugin. None of the other functions (share dialog, get login status, app request etc.) work either.

GameThirsty did you manage to solve your issues?

My plugin is a wrapper of this: https://github.com/jeduan/cordova-plugin-facebook4 so maybe this plugin is causing some issues, but i say to you i have knowledge that at least one of the users who bought my plugin is using the invite action without any problem. I will say to him to post here if he did a special step or something that we dont know yet. Sorry for this issues.

• Josek5494 just created a blank project to test your plugin again. Same result as with my actual project, none of the plugin actions do anything. My event sheet looks like this:

http://imgur.com/01CiAbf

http://imgur.com/qGl0WYD

My layout looks like this:

http://imgur.com/3hb05Iz

After exporting to iOS, I'm noticing something strange. When I tap any of the 3 buttons, the first 'Set text' action resolves and changes the text to "Logging in", but the second 'append text' action does not resolve. Not sure why this is but it seems like the action from your plugin is stopping any subsequent actions from resolving... When I test the same thing on my browser via Construct 2 (localhost) the text changes to "Logging in - Still logging in", that is, both the 'set text' and 'append text' actions resolve. Any idea what this could mean?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Josek5494 just created a blank project to test your plugin again. Same result as with my actual project, none of the plugin actions do anything. My event sheet looks like this:

http://imgur.com/01CiAbf

http://imgur.com/qGl0WYD

My layout looks like this:

http://imgur.com/3hb05Iz

After exporting to iOS, I'm noticing something strange. When I tap any of the 3 buttons, the first 'Set text' action resolves and changes the text to "Logging in", but the second 'append text' action does not resolve. Not sure why this is but it seems like the action from your plugin is stopping any subsequent actions from resolving... When I test the same thing on my browser via Construct 2 (localhost) the text changes to "Logging in - Still logging in", that is, both the 'set text' and 'append text' actions resolve. Any idea what this could mean?

Are you testing the project installed in a device with Facebook App installed too? Have you tried it on Android?

• Josek5494 I have tested the project installed in a device with Facebook App installed and result is error as the Vegamon007 reported.

• Josek5494 I have tested the project installed in a device with Facebook App installed and result is error as the Vegamon007 reported.

Mmmm i think the user who bought my plugin will post here to explain a little if he did something that we dont know

• Nope, anything weird required to make the plugin works... Just create your app in Facebook to see your app name and id, use the actions in your project, install and fill the variables in cordova-plugin-facebook4... Guys you should make test with different Android and iOS versions to maybe find a clue, but i repeat, i have a friend using it on Android without any kind of problem following the steps.

• Hey , so i tried the plugin with intel xdk and it seems to work great . Until now i have tested the login function and the invite friends one , since those were the most important for my game project , and got it working , but i usually export it on android 4.1 api number 16 ( since on a lower api phones , the performance is really bad and it gave me a weird error during build app , also it does not matter to me since the performance is baaad in devices with android vertion older than 4.2 , so 4.1 seems fine ) and it works great with the latest whitelist option of xdk ... testing it soon on ios , and will post for updates

Edit : so im reading about your login problem ... weird thing is i dont use login at all but whenever i execute invite action , it automatically asks me to login if im not logged in or just takes me directly to the invite list from facebook if im already logged in ... also will try other actions to see if i get the same positive results

• Josek5494 I have tested it both on my Samsung Galaxy and my iPad. Same result on both devices. Both devices have the Facebook installed. I have previously been able to log into Facebook in my app using Cranberry Games's Facebook plugin however his plugin is currently not compatible with Cordova which is why I'm looking for an alternative.

Considering the number of people who are have issues using the plugin, I think it would be a good idea to create a tutorial with pictures and a downloadable CAPEX file so that we can try to retrace your steps to get the plugin to work. Thanks for your help buddy! Hope we can get this working!

• Josek5494 I also think it would be a good idea to create a tutorial with pictures and a downloadable CAPEX file so that we can try to retrace your steps to get the plugin to work.

• Thanks to all of you guys for the support. I'm on vacation right now but when i come back i will do a video tutorial and a little explanation with the guy who made the plugin works donald Cela

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)