[PLUGIN] appMobi Plugin Updates

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Also i want to comment about camera roll, when i upload a picture to sprite, sometimes it freezes the device and i press home button, it was crashed, tested on ipod touch 4

• Hmm, how many other media assets does the game have going? Sprites, sounds, etc...   It could be a memory issue in that there are a lot of media assets and then a large photo gets dumped in? I don't know, I'm just guessing at this point. Try reducing the quality of the image and see if that helps. Maybe for testing purposes knock it down to like 20 and see if it crashes on you. If that does not help, just send the capx or appmobi app name my way.

• Ok, will do to reduce the quality of the image. Otherwise, if it still freezes, i will send you a .capx

• tap I managed to change orientation and get picture via camera with lower quality, it worked like a charm!

Actually, one thing which could bother us... drag and drop

Drag and drop performance on appMobi resulted is very poor while the background animation goes FPS as well like 30-60 fps, but i drag an object doesn't response and sync is pretty slow, it acts like 5-10 fps.

• pm sent

• Hey Joannesalfa, So after some debugging I got to the bottom of what is going on with:

Also i want to comment about Prevent auto-rotate, it doesn't even work because i used a trigger event, it doesn't work and still auto rotates when i do inverted portrait orientation and if i use every tick event to prevent auto-rotate, touch buttons take loooooooooooooong time to response and still auto-rotate

I wanted to make it static orientation

As it turns out if you use both the "Set orientation" (S0) and "Set auto-rotate" (SAR) together SO overrides SAR and basically turns it off. So the game will stay portrait but will rotate when the device gets to 0 or 180 degrees. The quick fix and what you should do in the mean time is just remove the SO line from your event sheet. There is a way to achieve what you want but it will require me to add a new trigger to the plugin to alert the event sheet when the orientation changes. Basically it will work like this:

1.) If the game initial orientation is portrait then fire SAR. Done.

2.) If initial orientation is landscape either wait until the user turns it portrait or prompt them to. Then fire SAR.

I will add the trigger that will fire when orientation changes to the plugin first thing Monday and then I'll create a quick example capx for you to help illustrate what I explained above. But again for right now and developing it, just remove the SO line from you event sheet and you will be fine to test until the new trigger is in the plugin.

[RE: Your drag and drop issue]

I see the capx in my inbox and I'll check it out right after I add the trigger.

** UPDATE **

The trigger is now in the plugin and you can download a sample capx to see one way or locking the device into portrait via https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2129074/orientationlock.capx

• tap - Thanks for the suggestions, but how it is now it just doesn't resize at all without direct canvas. All the solutions you mentioned work fine with DC. Heh, no matter what I try with appMobi so far I always end up between a rock and a hard place. Here's hoping I get somewhere with it soon ^^

• Tobye - if you want, send me a PM with a link to your capx as well as any special plugins you are using and I'll have a look at whats going on.

• Joannesalfa - I tested the d&d example you sent. I found that in the XDK, the movement of the dragged object is very choppy however when I did a build and tested it on a device it was much smoother. So that's good.

I'll let our xdk devs know that it seems to be choppier in the xdk then on device.

• Joannesalfa - I tested the d&d example you sent. I found that in the XDK, the movement of the dragged object is very choppy however when I did a build and tested it on a device it was much smoother. So that's good.

I'll let our xdk devs know that it seems to be choppier in the xdk then on device.

Good one! i was excepting DirectCanvas could be better than Safari iOS 6, but it didn't make a big difference.

• tap - example sent.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How is going with drag an drop performance?

• Joannesalfa - I know you saw my previous reply so I'm assuming you are referring to you statement that D&D under DC is not really any faster then under Safari6. (If that's not what you are talking about let me know)

Unfortunately there is not much I can do to speed that up. I did test on device and it was a little sluggish at points. While DC does provide performance boost in the game, it does not enhance touch events.

• Joannesalfa - I know you saw my previous reply so I'm assuming you are referring to you statement that D&D under DC is not really any faster then under Safari6. (If that's not what you are talking about let me know)

Unfortunately there is not much I can do to speed that up. I did test on device and it was a little sluggish at points. While DC does provide performance boost in the game, it does not enhance touch events.

Are you saying DirectCanvas can't fix touch events to make better performance?

isn't there a workaround?

• Hi Tap!

Any news for triggering end-of-sound?

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)