[BEHAVIOR] EasyStar.js pathfinding for tilemap

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Beyondgodd This plugin doesn't care about collisions. You need to tell it which tiles are walkable and which are not. You can use a separate (invisible) tilemap just for this purpose.

• Hi thanks for your great easystar js plugin. It has help me a lot. I have a question how to add specific tile cost to tilemap when enemy overlap it?

• Here's a simple MoveTo example I did a while back, as dop2000 says, it works well with EasyStar.

https://sendgb.com/C4PmwuZUbv7

Hi! Could you post an example again? very necessary, thank you!

• Sample project

sendgb.com/flVBasIvTOq

• Thanks for the sample, I don't know why but I can try the game, when I want to play the scene, it's freezing at the loading page.

Maybe I'm not using the last version of EasyStar?

• That's working, thanks a lot dude.

Is it possible with EasyStar to have cost of each tile from a character?

• I'm interested in this plugin but I'm afraid it will be abandoned after awhile...of course it's been 8 years since it's creation lol but still - would it be worth it to suggest to the C3 team that we get this kind of functionality built into the pathfinding behavior? Seems like it wouldn't be terrible to upgrade/implement based on how Magistross made it sound but then again I'm here because my programming skills are subpar sooooo what do I know? haha

Thoughts anyone?

Also, sorry if this thread is too old or if this post is slightly out of place! Thought it'd be fine but sometimes that's not the case.

• I'm interested in this plugin but I'm afraid it will be abandoned after awhile...of course it's been 8 years since it's creation lol but still - would it be worth it to suggest to the C3 team that we get this kind of functionality built into the pathfinding behavior? Seems like it wouldn't be terrible to upgrade/implement based on how Magistross made it sound but then again I'm here because my programming skills are subpar sooooo what do I know? haha

Thoughts anyone?

Also, sorry if this thread is too old or if this post is slightly out of place! Thought it'd be fine but sometimes that's not the case.

Its effectively being maintained by the community, and the original creator still has input occasionally. The plug itself has proven to be pretty much bullet proof.

• Yeah, I'm currently using EasyStarJS C3 addon in several big projects, it's working great.

• Press F12 in preview and check for error messages in the console.

• An old project I've just opened now has this error. Does anyone recognize it?

The error goes away when I delete the object with Easystar attached to it.

And it appears even in the last versions of Construct used (308, 314).

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: This is plug-in version 1.4.0.0

• brushfe Try installing this version:

dropbox.com/s/3ptvb7en4gra8b4/easystarjs_module_myfixes.c3addon

Also, 308 and 314 are very old C3 releases.

• dop2000 You're a life saver! Thanks so much!

This version solved the problems (in all versions of C3).

I owe you one!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey!

It's a bit boring to set each tiles walkable, do you have a solution to do it quickly?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)