Babylon3D: Standard Edition

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • This plugin looks pretty awesome and I'm interested in buying, but I had a few questions first.

1) Are shadows supported on lights and if so, is there a limit to the number of lights\shadows?

2) Is Character Studio for 3D studio Max supported?

3) Can you change the camera's FOV?

4) How exactly are meshes loaded? Can I create a huge 3D asset warehouse, bring that into C2, then only load the meshes that I need at the time or will the whole scene file be loaded in?

5) Can sprites be rendered over the top of the 3D canvas? Seems like it can based on the platformer text over the canvas, but I wanted to make sure.

6) Is there a list of all the actions and events for each plugin?

Thanks!

• UberLou

1) Yes they are supported, I've just included them to 0.4 because I had problems with them before, now they are working perfectly. And yes there is no limit as long as you are targeting Windows.

2) As long as they are biped armatures or skinned meshes, they're supported.

3) Of course.

4) Unfortunately no, The plugin is designed to load the whole scene at once, then you can do whatever you want to the meshes.

5) Yes, not only that, but you can also overlay the 3D scene to have a transparent background (Autoclear set to Off) and display ontop of sprites. Also, C2 effects can now be added to the scene.

6) I can't show all of them because they are seperated into plugins and behaviours. And C2 behaviours are also supported (ex: Platformer demo).

This plugin is still in developpement, but you can already make games with it, I'll complete the platformer demo to show you and others what exactly I'm talking about.

• X3M you are in v0.4 so when the plugin reaches the v1.0 what features will be included? and also i read that the price is until v1.0? so youve got already plans for a v2.0 and if you can share your thoughts about what new functions will be added.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • spy84 By v1.0, the plugin should be consider complete and no more updates-bug fixes should be required.

No not really I don't plan for v2.0 yet because when v1.0 is out, I should be working on an Editor Edition in which things are done only in C2.

• ok thanks for the reply

• imgur.com/a/64hgw

Just bought Babylon3D for Construct 2 (2 license in fact). But I'm having this error.

I do have Q3D as well so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that (I assume no).

All I did was opened the "Basic scene.capx" template and hit the run button.

Could it be because I'm running the Steam version of Construct2?

Help...

• fuego96

The scirra store approval is a bit slow, please pm me your email address so I can send you updates (It would be best if its a gmail so that we can chat on hangout).

[NOTE FOR BUYERS] Please PM me the date of the transaction MM/DD/YY alongside your email address and a screenshot of your transaction. Thank you.

• Will do, thanks!

• It is a bit confusing everything, we need some documentation.

First test using Unity.

• Thanks for answering my questions. One more came to mind... Can multiple babylon files be loaded at runtime? For example, can I have the player mesh in one babylon file and the level in another and then spawn the player into the level? Or would the player mesh\animations and level all have to exist in the same babylon file?

• MATAGUIRIS Soon

UberLou You can load multiple scenes in the same layout as multiple viewports , but you cant overlay a scene on top of another.

• X3M

there is something i think is missing... while the original SceneLoader plugin works and has all the mesh functions object creation functions... the new Scene plugin doesnt have them... i know you added a mesh object so it can pair with the 3d models.. but they lack functions from the original SceneLoader... and if i try to use both the SceneLoader and the New Scene ... there is a overlapping error of the 2 and things brake. any plans on that? maybe drop the original SceneLoader plugin? and only transfer the functions to the new Scene ?

also the mesh vector manipulation doesn't work on my side is that working at this point? i tried to manipulate the shape of the skybox example Sphere001 object since has more vector points ... but nothing is happening ...

• I commented the same days ago and if i understood well, the 0.5 will have plugins of a "new mesh object", "new light object" etc... with all the creation tools the original SceneLoader has for creating new stuff from 0 and change it referencing the new objects created in C2 using events.

I didn't know we can use at the same time the new plugins and the 0.2 one with all that functions, i have to test it

• I commented the same days ago and if i understood well, the 0.5 will have plugins of a "new mesh object", "new light object" etc... with all the creation tools the original SceneLoader has for creating new stuff from 0 and change it referencing the new objects created in C2 using events.

I didn't know we can use at the same time the new plugins and the 0.2 one with all that functions, i have to test it

im not using the 0.2 sceneloader version... i just installed the first addon... and the new 0.4 however it might be that the addon had some remains left inside and thats why i see the original old sceneloader plugin also... weird.. but the functions are still missing no matter what... but you said its going to be updated in 0.5 so i shall wait sorry for not reading the previewst posts... but the new posts are stacking at a high rate

• You see the old plugin because you not unistall the SceneLoader Edition plugin from Html5/Exporters/Plugin , The old one use a different folder so when you installed the new one that have new folders not overwrited the old and you see both ones.

Simply remove the old one "BabylonSceneLoader" folder from the plugins and you not will see the old plugin on C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)