Babylon3D: Standard Edition

From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • >

> Change it to 1000,0.5,0.5

>

Changed the "direction" of the laser, but, it appears the laser mesh'es Y position was simply too low. Changing the laser mesh position to (0,50,0) worked for me (just how did it ever work for you???)

And on to a different subject, by the way, can you implement ShaderMaterial ? I can't wait to use some from Shadertoy

fuego96 I'm trying the laser starts from the camera to infinite and get moved and rotate with the camera pos, and rotation, to get a real aim, but i can't get it, can you?

• matriax Send me your capx. Parenting the laser to the camera should do it. But I still don't know why my demo didn't work for you, maybe Its because I'm using the 0.6 which is still in developpement.

fuego96 Unfortunately thats not on my to do list for this particular plugin. It will be done for a different product.

• ...Unfortunately thats not on my to do list for this particular plugin. It will be done for a different product.

Roger.

fuego96 I'm trying the laser starts from the camera to infinite and get moved and rotate with the camera pos, and rotation, to get a real aim, but i can't get it, can you?

Will try when i get home.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • matriax Send me your capx. Parenting the laser to the camera should do it. But I still don't know why my demo didn't work for you, maybe Its because I'm using the 0.6 which is still in developpement.

fuego96 Unfortunately thats not on my to do list for this particular plugin. It will be done for a different product.

X3M Oh well! if you are using a 0.6 version then i guess is fixed. This is my .capx:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/659 ... ycast.capx

I guess this is not how have to be done but is the unique way comes to my mind.

BTW, this have to be more easy. Some Raycast/AIM behaviour on we can add to the camera and options to pin to Position/Rotation and set the position of the screen where the aim center is on our game and forgot to do all this events. Or add the behaviour to the Mesh.Laser and a field to set the parent object you said as: "Camera".

• fuego96 I'm trying the laser starts from the camera to infinite and get moved and rotate with the camera pos, and rotation, to get a real aim, but i can't get it, can you?

matriax Aiming and firing a short laser pulse toward the box and having both the box and laser disappear works fine. The only thing missing is the "Look At" (mesh) action that "NewCamera" or "Camera" objects don't seem to have (but regular Mesh objects seem to have)

So, at the moment, you'll have to formulate your own trig functions to point the camera toward the Box OR parent (I'm not sure if you can parent a mesh to the NewCamera) a dummy box (with visibility 0) that is sitting at the exact XYZ position as the NewCamera (and use its "Look At" action) OR pose the following question to X3M:

X3M the Mesh object has the Babylon Matrix's "Look At" (mesh) action. Would it be possible to add it to Camera or NewCamera (for the aforementioned purpose)?

EDIT: Sorry, what was i thinking? It's the Laser that needs to point to the Box, not the camera. So, just position the Laser to NewCamera's XYZ position, then user the action Laser --> Look At (Box.MeshX, Y and Z) to point the NewCamera to the Box. Firing it toward that angular trajectory is another matter.

• Camera->Set position target (0,0,0)[/code:kpw2zhkm]
    Will make the camera look at the pos 0,0,0
  • X3M I found a rather catastrophic bug (brings down the C2 app).

How to reproduce:

1. Open the "Laser or Raycast.capx" file (the one you did initially)

2. Add action --> NewCamera --> (Babylon Camera) "Zoom on mesh", select "Box" and hit "Done" button.

I got:

Hit "Abort" and then I get "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working". And quits to desktop.

• Camera->Set position target (0,0,0)[/code:rey6tqa0]
    Will make the camera look at the pos 0,0,0

Aw man... LOL

<sarcasm>Thanks for that.</sarcasm>

• X3M I found a rather catastrophic bug (brings down the C2 app).

How to reproduce:

1. Open the "Laser or Raycast.capx" file (the one you did initially)

2. Add action --> NewCamera --> (Babylon Camera) "Zoom on mesh", select "Box" and hit "Done" button.

I got:

Hit "Abort" and then I get "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working". And quits to desktop.

Yep thats the way C2 tells us not to mess with the Object param <b></b>, ITS MINE !!!11!!

In a serious note, I will stop using those bold brackets or whatever they're called. They only cause trouble.

Fix:

Step 1-search line : Zoom on mesh <b>{0}</b> in the common.js file on the camera plugin.

Step 2- turn it into : Zoom on mesh {0}

Well turns out that the zoom on mesh function is not available anymore in the library, I'll PING the devs about it.

For now avoid using zoom functions.

• Well turns out that the zoom on mesh function is not available anymore in the library, I'll PING the devs about it.

For now avoid using zoom functions.

Roger.

• X3M Stupid question. How does one parent a mesh to a Camera (or NewCamera)?

I've tried everything.

• X3M Issue report.

How to reproduce:

1. Open the "Fog example.capx" B3D example file.

2. Add a (Babylon Matrix) --> "Rotate around world X" action before set LOADED = 1

Same issue exist for the actions circled in red below.

Deprecated perhaps?

Cheers!

• fuego96 I already reported this issues weeks ago, also happens with the light and other plugins, at least when was reported. I guess he is focusing in other plugins an get all works like have to be or i hope for the 0.6 after the last news.

• fuego96 I already reported this issues weeks ago, also happens with the light and other plugins, at least when was reported. I guess he is focusing in other plugins an get all works like have to be or i hope for the 0.6 after the last news.

matriax From the surface, the names of those Babylon Matrix operations sounds basic enough that anyone who paid for the B3D plugin would likely use them. Surprising they don't work. Maybe they worked once before? I don't know. I can see from the plugins\babylonCamera\runtime.js that it's implemented. However babylon.js (the library) just doesn't accept it (thus the error).

Removing C2 and the B3D plugin from the equation and learning the basics of creating a BabylonJS scene (from http://www.babylonjs-playground.com) purely from JS and rotating a mesh (ie. box.rotate in line 13), i later added a camera.rotate at line 17 and sure enough, it didn't work (Compilation error... camera.rotate is not a function).

Therefore, I'm just going to assume that it's not a B3D issue and that the list of actions (I encircled in red previously) simply be omitted from the "Babylon Matrix" section. Just like how it is with Mesh and NewMesh (they don't have those actions either).

Although strangely enough, the babylon.js library does recognize mesh.rotate (as I tried earlier in line 13).

No biggie. There are workarounds.

• matriax

fuego96

Sorry for the late reply, I'm actually rewritting the new plugins because I've found a way to make the C2 events work with the objects as if they were sprites, now you will be able to create new objects using System->Create object , and the new clones will inherit the C2 behaviors .

Now cloning a Mesh is the same as cloning a Sprite.

As for the camera.rotate issue, the lastest version of the library has made some changes, they basically dropped some functions including .rotate( , so I'll need to rewrite those functions.

matriax About your raycast behavior suggestion, I don't think its doable , however I can make a laser behavior for the camera, which will create a laser parented to the camera and returns at every tick the name of the mesh thats intersecting it.

How about this ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)