Hey tokinsom. Just purchased!
I'm looking to retrofit this to my current game. I have 2 questions:
- How do I link this up with my current controls?
- How would I go about adding an additional control to the list?
1) This kit consolidates gamepad and keyboard inputs so that you don't have to use conditions for both and have a bunch of duplicate code. They are not limited to this kit at all, and the consolidation is completely optional.
So instead of...
+Keycode "Right" is down : Action
+Gamepad Button "Right" is Down : Action[/code:scelrlop]
You can simply do...
[code:scelrlop]Data.Input Key "I_Right" is 2 : Action[/code:scelrlop]
...which checks for both keyboard and gamepad inputs in a single condition. 1 is pressed, 2 is down, 0 is released.
As for adding new inputs...
1) Go to events 18 and 19 and add "K_NewInput" and "G_NewInput" to those action lists, along with default keycodes (you can google which key is what)
2) Go to event 105 and add new gamepad buttons if necessary. Currently there are 15 gamepad inputs to set the button icon to so the next one will be 16 and so on (look at the parameters in the action)
3) Go to event 152 (the "Inputs" group) and copy paste a block and modify it as needed to consolidate the new input.
Again, the input consolidation is completely optional. I just prefer to do it this way to prevent duplicate code, but it can be a bit complicated to grasp at first.