Needed Idea for challenge

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Control your space ship in a weird space-time environment and destroy as many enemies as you can!
  • I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....

I'll be honest. Who's gonna play it? Probably me but I've been playing platformers since I was 3.

There just is no market for platformers these days.

You're better off creating a predictable jump scare game these days.

Make your money first then you can create all the platformers you want as passion projects.

I have ideas for new CRPGs myself. That's probably my favorite genre but no one plays those anymore.

Much as I don't like the mobile market, it's a gold mine. I'm just trying to explore simple mechanics I can use to create addicting, compulsive games (not good games but many mediocre ones that people are gonna wanna play.) trying to keep it original.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....

Give it a go! There is nothing like a game jam to put the pressure on to finish. I also recommend trying to cut it to a bare minimum of features, then polish those as much as you can.

Random boxes should not be hard to do, but try manually placed boxes first.

• Try working on online games. As a game developer, you should be aware of what the gamers want or there will be no point in making a game that no one plays. Gamers are really interested in games with a vast social interaction with other players whether its just dungeon raiding, farming, etc.. MMORPGS are great games. Perhaps an online side scroller such as Maplestory? Mobile devices lack good games like those and I'm sure many are interested to play those type of games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)