1 engine, different levels

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • so, i've been working on an engine for my game, and realised it was time to start thinking about organisation of the stages.

as cloning layouts with events is impossible, how should I organize the main control core of the game to work over different backdrops, and enemy pattern layouts?

i've searched long and hard to find a tutorial or a demo cap and haven't found anything.

thanks.

• as cloning layouts with events is impossible

Put the game code in to a separate event sheet, and include the event sheet from layouts that use it. Then it's just one central place to edit your events.

• thanks ash.

my engine was one big layout sheet of events but I was planning on breaking it all down into smaller layouts, but it seems I can't clone a layout and then copy/paste events from other layouts to start breaking it up..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • my engine was one big layout sheet of events but I was planning on breaking it all down into smaller layouts, but it seems I can't clone a layout and then copy/paste events from other layouts to start breaking it up..

Instead of breaking it down, maybe break it into groups that are all disabled, and for each layout have the groups needed enabled (eg: level 1, enable groups Platform and Shooter. level 2, enable groups Driving and Shooter)

• 1 Level for the engine is generally a good idea though. As long as your game uses the same engine for all the levels (eg. its not a spore type game where its basically a load of different engines stuck together to make a whole game). I use groups to seperate stuff off.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)