Online Multiplayer Plugin?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • I have no friends..

• I have no friends..

Aha! The truth comes out. Quick! Get the developers some friends - and multiplayer will magically happen for all of our games!

• It's a shame networking in games is so important these days. Playing games with other people should never be done, no one enjoys playing games with friends!

Was that sarcasm?

• > It's a shame networking in games is so important these days. Playing games with other people should never be done, no one enjoys playing games with friends!

>

Was that sarcasm?

I'd think so .

• So I heard that Rich was releasing a Multiplayer Online Plugin soon...

That's what I heard...

~Sol

• Spooky!

• Online object update status:

Connects to server, can sign in with a username, can talk and receive messages.

Looking for testers; would be preferable if you have a very good internet connection or even one which is always on, for a test server. PM me.

• What about LAN play? that's all I'm really worried about myself...

• this plug-in will be huge for me. All of my games are 100% designed to be played online against and with others. I was wondering how exactly to design games to work with multiple players. for example a simple pong game. I just have no clue how you would go about getting that to work with two players over the internet.

• thats actually not the easiest kind of game to design as online. Try something like draughts, or something turn based... Like a worms remake...

• This plugin is not designed for real-time online play, no... try playing twitch games over IRC client. That is what it basically is.

Turn based games and such, however... hmm...

• With a good server with a decent connection, realtime games should be possible.

Hosting a server on a computer and accepting connections will never approach generally what's needed for a lag free realtime game, and will lend itself to other gameplay styles.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Omg rich u are my new KING! hmm well you can always rent a server and lets say 4vs4 shouldnt take too much bandwith well atleast im pretty sure I could handle it with my 10/2 oh btw Rich if this is fast enough for you I can help you as my PC is almost always on.

• OK I've added you, that could be very useful; you may want to set up a .

• Got enough testers now, thanks everyone!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)