Mob export options?Phonegap can't run Cordova C3 iOS exports

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Says "error fetching data.js phonegap" when I run it on my iPhone. I tried running it from PC and Mac (the phonegap app) , both the same result.

Cocoon is depreciated so that's off the table.

The cordova Xcode project export works but it sets the phone on fire on android (samsung S6) when running 3 circles expanding and contracting with a sine. NOTHING else.

Is there any mobile export options for Construct 3 that aren't utterly unviable performance wise?

Before starting my next project I want to know that mobiles would run it. I can't work on hope that one day something someone some company will release a third party something that would run my game. Tried that with C2, didn't work out so nice.

• I hope these IMPORTANT FEATURES (possibly even core) are fixed by release, I'm already getting js related error for mobile preview.

• I saw that there was an easily fixable bug with the newest update that Ashley is fixing tomorrow. So maybe that would fix it.

I just want to see the limits of performance on a modern mobile ios device without overheating. To know if I fucked up by subscribing to C3 .

• Have you people filled bug reports so that this can get fixed ?

• Have you people filled bug reports so that this can get fixed ?

As far as I saw, this was already noted as a bug and was worked on a fix that shouldn't take long.

• Cocoon is depreciated so that's off the table.

You mean XDK right damjancd ? Or are u saying Cocoon doesnt work with C3 cordova export?

• Artpunk: Cocoon official support in Construct 2 was dropped years ago, so I'm not even sure Construct 3 was ever supposed to support it at all to begin with.

Scirra's build service is supposed to be the answer to the retirement of Intel XDK.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cocoon official support in Construct 2 was dropped years ago, so I'm not even sure Construct 3 was ever supposed to support it at all to begin with.

Yes, but the way OP posts it sounds like he thinks Cocoon is completely unusable. Cocoon is usable with C2 projects, despite the fact Scirra doesnt officially support it (although beware there is a major game-breaking bug with Cocoon at the moment where LocalStorage data doesnt save when you build for iOS using WebView+).

But I'm not sure if you can use Cocoon to build a project exported from C3, I haven't tried. So OP could try Cocoon if he is completely stuck for options...?

Scirra's build service is supposed to be the answer to the retirement of Intel XDK.

Here's hoping. I hope we can hear some more details about what's planned for the build service soon? I have projects developed in C2 that I want to keep updating into the future, and I'm thinking it would be better to keep updating them in C2, rather than migrate the projects to C3, so I am super interested to hear what the details are for supporting building C2 projects in the C3 build service?

Like, will C2 receive updated / working iAP, Game Center and GooglePlay plugins that will work with the C3 build service?

Is there a rough ETA for when the build service would be available for C2? Or failing that, is there a rough ETA for when we might get some details?

I'd like to know, because if the C3 build service is 12 months away or something Id probably be better off going and learning to use Phonegap in the mean time. Ashley seems to be keeping details v close to the chest?

• We're incredibly busy right now. We do have a number of improvements planned, but I can't give an ETA, simply because I don't know when we will be ready.

To give you an idea how much work there is involved in a product launch, just one item on our todo list is to prepare a 250+ page manual for Construct 3. There's a lot more going on. I wish as much as anyone we could just click our fingers and have everything ready today, but this takes time. The build service as it is today has already been in development for a long time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)