Mercenary. Borderlands inspired RPG shooter!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of various soldier characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • I'm really liking the game. Keep it up!

Super fun.

Thoughts:

It took me quite some time to realize you could sell guns on the ground. Even when I saw "Sell" something did not quite click with me. In the beginning I had the starting weapon for way too long. Maybe something hinting at it better would be nice.

So far I've found the shotguns to be very OP compared to any other weapon type.

• I'm really liking the game. Keep it up!

Super fun.

Thoughts:

It took me quite some time to realize you could sell guns on the ground. Even when I saw "Sell" something did not quite click with me. In the beginning I had the starting weapon for way too long. Maybe something hinting at it better would be nice.

So far I've found the shotguns to be very OP compared to any other weapon type.

Yeah, I found shotguns to be really good too, but one of the aspects that makes this game cool is finding new guns.

As for the buying and selling I might put another notice about it somewhere.

Also, even if you do find a really good shotgun, you'll get to a point where you'll find another weapon or an elemental weapon that just overpowers it.

Finally, all the weapons are completely randomly generated so you don't always find a really good weapon, shotgun or otherwise.

I'm glad you like the game and thanks for the feedback!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting with the level ups and equipment upgrades, a lot of content in the "big feedback loop".

I think that a lot people might be put of by the lack of "game feel", like particles, big bullets and screen shake. And not play all the way, to experience the rest of the content. I don't think the game needs to be a super intense action game, but I think particles and exp pop ups would make a big of difference.

I also like the generating shield. Would be interesting if you could do other things with it, like running or rolling. Just to make some mix up in the movement.

I only tried the beginning, but it feels like theres a lot of content: levels and quests to experience!

• Interesting with the level ups and equipment upgrades, a lot of content in the "big feedback loop".

I think that a lot people might be put of by the lack of "game feel", like particles, big bullets and screen shake. And not play all the way, to experience the rest of the content. I don't think the game needs to be a super intense action game, but I think particles and exp pop ups would make a big of difference.

I also like the generating shield. Would be interesting if you could do other things with it, like running or rolling. Just to make some mix up in the movement.

I only tried the beginning, but it feels like theres a lot of content: levels and quests to experience!

There is a lot of content in the game already and I probably will try to add a little more graphically pleasing elements later on, but I wanted to make sure that there was enough content for people to enjoy before I really started working on the graphics.

I didn't really want to add any ways to move faster because I wanted you to spend points on upgrading your speed. I felt that if you could just sprint everywhere, you could just neglect the speed stat entirely.

Other than that, I do think I could add some more particles and things like that, and thanks for the feedback!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)