Early prototype platfomer. Listening and learning

0 favourites
  • Toying around with the idea of a room selector stage and testing out "Gametips" (kinda like a little description message on some assets) as well as dialogue testing.

Looks pretty raw at the moment but we might get somewhere.

• Well. A year ago I was doing this. And weeks later has to stop because of my full time work didnt allow me to carry on. Yesteday I felt the motivation to revisit my very first project and Im not sure if I should continue this all by myself or get people on board to take weight of my shoulders and not lose motivation for my lack of time.

Any tips?

Thanks

• Top tip, get a different job that doesn't involve working 12 hour days. Otherwise you are going to be in the same position.

As u appear to have some skills I might even suggest go on the rock and roll for a year and do this full time to get something finished.

• Top tip, get a different job that doesn't involve working 12 hour days. Otherwise you are going to be in the same position.

As u appear to have some skills I might even suggest go on the rock and roll for a year and do this full time to get something finished.

Quit mu job is not an option. I have no econlmy to sustain myself for a year without it. I do have 2 free days a week, that would be my working on a game days.

Also I found interesting you said I have some skills since I felt like I had no idea what I was doong the whole time.. I just improvised and carry on with it for two months. Had to learn how to create spries, use c3, etc but hey you made my day already. Thanks

• Smileh 2 free days a week ! What?!!!? no excuses then....

If I had 2 free days a week I would have made the next big online hero shooter failure by now.

• Smileh 2 free days a week ! What?!!!? no excuses then....

If I had 2 free days a week I would have made the next big online hero shooter failure by now.

Do you recommend me working by myself and do everything or find a team to work together?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • im a noob myself but

For the sort of game you are doing (i.e. not a simple mobile game) ...

as far as I can see, most of the successful amateur indies who turn out a professional game within 3 years (seems about the average development time) ,

have at least 1x coder, 1x music / sound person, 1 or 2 x artists,

of course it is possible to do everything your self but it is all about time and maybe more importantly, sustaining enthusiasm for a project over that time.

• Id like to make a team tho, but seems hard to find people to work as a team.

People just think about commisions and freelance work and not as a project team idea

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)