XDK Help - Build Failed...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm very new to this but have created a little game in Construct 2 and am just trying to build it in the 'Crosswalk For Android' option of Intel XDK as per the instructions here [https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/how-to-export-to-android-with-crosswalk] but am having a real problem doing so.

Basically, I go through all the steps and everything is fine and has the green tick next to it but then every time I click on the 'Build App Now' button I get this message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The build failed.

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just don't know where I'm going wrong here as it doesn't give any further information so if anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

• 2retro - well, I guess all you have to go on is the build error/warning that it gives you. There are only 2 parts to the build - app details and assets. So, since the warning is for assets, check in there.

For my own apps, I think I only added icons for 96x96 and 72x72.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks or the reply. I guess I should try and build it without adding any custom assets and see if that works then maybe add one at a time. I'll give it a shot and report back here.

• Well that was weird - I don't know how or why but I uninstalled/reinstalled the XDK program then went though it again adding one asset at a time and building and it worked every single time! In the end I had all the same assets as before added and managed to build in ARM and x86 no problem!

No idea why as nothing was different but got there in the end. Only a full day nearly tearing my hair out then... lol

• i really don't like how vague is the one error message XDK provide when the build fails.

I'll see if re-installing the damn thing works for me...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)