Would it be hard to build this behaviour in C2?:

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Dynamic heavy and powerful hard rock tracks. 15 tracks, loops and more.
  • Im wondering how possible it would be to make some advanced functionality for a platformer game in Construct 2.

For example, would it be hard to make a behavior in C2 where the player character can interact with other non-player characters? For example like the way Spelunky interacts with the Damsel?

In Spelunky the damsel has her own behaviours. By default she stands there and calls out to be found.

Spelunky can pick her up and carry her around, put her down or throw her. When she gets thrown the damsel runs off, until she gets to a point where she can't run any further and just runs back and forth.

Another example from Spelunky is the way the player character can interact with inanimate objects like stones and pots. He can pick them up, put them down or throw them.

Would it be possible to make this kind of interaction or behaviour in C2?

• yes you can,this will use Pin Behavior,and platform behavior.

it will be great if you buy C2 license,because i think,this will be use more than 100 event.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • to answer your question: yes

have a look at "joints" and in addition you only have to set up a few events for the objects, how they should react on anything.

You should write everything down how everything should interact and after that translate it into events.

• Hello thanks for the replies. Ok thats good that its possible to make those kinds of behaviours.

yes you can,this will use Pin Behavior,and platform behavior.

it will be great if you buy C2 license,because i think,this will be use more than 100 event.

Thanks Hardty I will investigate those behaviours you recommend. I will probably end up buying a business license, but I think first I will try the free version to see if I can get the hang of using it.

...have a look at "joints" and in addition you only have to set up a few events for the objects, how they should react on anything.

You should write everything down how everything should interact and after that translate it into events.

Thanks I will look into joints. I will need to start at the beginning.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)