Touch Event hitting two objects

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Hi all,

I have items falling on screen, and when you tap on them you get -1 from your 'hit count'

if you miss them and tap the background you also get -1 from your 'hit count'

I have Touch Event setup for On Touch - ObjectA, and another for On Touch - Object B(background)

When I tap on the background object there is no issue, but when I tap on the falling object, it registers the tap on both the object.

These are on different layers if that makes a difference.

I was trying to find a way to basically to do;

Touch - If object = ObjectA then this, else this. But cant seem to find these conditions?

Is there a smarter way I should be setting this up?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First thought (not tested)

two variables gvScreenTouched and gvSpriteTouched

on any touch start -- add 1 to gvScreenTouched

(sub event)

--touch is touching sprite -- take 1 from gvScreenTouched

-- add 1 to gvSpriteTouched

-- sprite destroy

• Would adding an is not touching objectA condition to the on touched objectB event work?

• Would adding an is not touching objectA condition to the on touched objectB event work?

Would I do that by using the 'invert' is touching sprite?

if so it doesnt :(

• Just do if (touching falling sprite) +0.. since you only want to subtract one, you're already subtracting one from the background. If you want to add 1 point for touching something else, go +2 to that object. I guess just offset everything by -1.

• Just do if (touching falling sprite) +0.. since you only want to subtract one, you're already subtracting one from the background. If you want to add 1 point for touching something else, go +2 to that object. I guess just offset everything by -1.

Yeah I ended up not doing -1 on hitting the Object A, works as intended now although prob not the best implementation

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)