Texture overlay

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Dark, Mystical, Peaceful
  • I need to make texture overlay for icon in inventory when weapon condition low.

I have:

i need:

Any ideas? i already try effects and blending but its not correctly works. Maybe someone know way to make effect\blending active only for special layer?

• Can't you just switch to another animation or animation frame when the condition of the weapon is low?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't you just switch to another animation or animation frame when the condition of the weapon is low?

no

• If you overlay a damage texture on top of the rifle (something like a noise texture) and use a multiply or darken or even overlay blending modes (webGL effects) you will achieve this result. Just alter the opacity of the noise texture, to give different stages of damage.

• If you overlay a damage texture on top of the rifle (something like a noise texture) and use a multiply or darken or even overlay blending modes (webGL effects) you will achieve this result. Just alter the opacity of the noise texture, to give different stages of damage.

I know this variant, problem that i need to draw rust texture for each gun individually. I want to place one square texture that overlays with "source in" blending

• A very simple mock up on how it works... hope this helps

The Weapon and the Rust Texture must be on the same layer, but I guess you can figure it out from my example.

• I took the liberty and added upon Ubivis example.

What you need is the Source atop mode. Using the Overlay WebGL instead of the Multiply effect, renders better results with the particular rust texture imo.

Unfortunately, Firefox doesn't seem to like webGL effects on a Sprite with the Source atop blending mode. In Chrome it works just fine though.

What you need is the Source atop mode. Using the Overlay WebGL instead of the Multiply effect, renders better results with the particular rust texture imo.

Unfortunately, Firefox doesn't seem to like webGL effects on a Sprite with the Source atop blending mode. In Chrome it works just fine though.

Great adjustment, thank you

Thanks a lot, my problem was that on layer properties "Forse own texture" was off

• Ubivis I learn something new everyday in the forums

Farsight Yes, it's very tricky not to forget something. The way C2 makes masking is counter-intuitive. I've mentioned many times before, we need a new, simplified but dedicated masking system, something that can be applied to many layers and/or sprites at once, and be independent from the layers order.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)