Scrolling with char

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Alright so I know I cn make the screen scroll with the char which makes the char be in the center of the screen at all times, i'm ok with that BUT i want it to be so that when I walk into a new area and the screen changes(i'm still not 100% sure on how to do that yet) that my char will be at the LEFT side of the screen and will start to scroll with the char when they hit the center point of the screen.

Much appreciated and Thanks in advance for the replies and help. :)

• Once you're sure how to do that it's easier to answer your question.

But if in your current layout your character starts in the left of the screen if you create a new layout for your new area it should work the same.

If you want to have more control, you should use the action "system scrollto" instead of the scrollto behaviour and use events to change the scroll to during game-play.

• Can you explain what you mean by the action "system scrollto" instead of the normal "scrollto" that kidna confuses me. Like I add a new event, choose every tick, then add the action scroll to, but if it shouldn't be an object what exactly should it be?

• *kinda

It's in the system's actions section

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • *kinda

It's in the system's actions section

Well way to be a douche and correct and one tiny spelling error.

But I know it's in the action menu

I just don't get the action scrollto compared to the normal scrollto. I've only seen the scrollto in the action menu.

• Often people use the scrollto behavior on a sprite, but if you are already doing it through events that's perfect.

In the event sheet you can change the system scrollto action to your liking.

You can do this in many ways. You could give the player a variable EnterNextRoom and check if this variable is true in the event sheet and change the system expression to scrollto somewhere else in case the variable is true..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)