Rotating Projectile and Random Selection Troubles

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • I have a projectile that needs to spin in a circle and slowly fade away. This works perfectly until I need to mirror it for the opposite direction.

I've tried setting negative speeds, rotations, and anything else I could think of but the closest I got was getting the projectile to rotate downwards in the opposite direction.

The function is at the bottom of the player event sheet and is labeled BRaxe it is right above the Kcoin which I am also having trouble with.

• Just a quick bump.

I am still having the problem above but I have now encountered another problem with my projectile called Kcoin.

It is supposed to spawn a random projectile upon hitting the ground, however, it sometimes spawns two instances at the same time and sends two different projectiles at the same time.

Right now its set to either shoot ravens, holy water, or knives but its sometimes does two at a time.

EX: Shoots ravens and knives from the same coin.

• Still having troubles with these.

I don't want to seem annoying by continually bumping but I can't seem to figure them out.

• BRaxe:

Mirror the axe

Set Rotate speed -200

Set Rotate acceleration -100

• BRaxe:

Mirror the axe

Set Rotate speed -200

Set Rotate acceleration -100

That's it? I swear I tried that like 4 times!!

Oh well thank you very much

Any idea about that other problem?

• It may be a r166 bug. I reported a problem with functions being called twice. I don't see the problem you are describing, but I'm at r167 already.

• It may be a r166 bug. I reported a problem with functions being called twice. I don't see the problem you are describing, but I'm at r167 already.

Its still doing it.

It seems to do it when I am higher than the area that the coin is hitting.

It also happens a lot if I am running while throwing it. It almost never happens on level ground were I'm not moving.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem is you are getting multiple collisions per Nondestsolid. Not sure why, but adding an extra flag to indicate when the collision has already been processed seems to fix the problem.

Edit: actually I think it may be because you change the animation to "land". This then resets the collision property, and it 'collides' again. That makes some sense to me.

• The problem is you are getting multiple collisions per Nondestsolid. Not sure why, but adding an extra flag to indicate when the collision has already been processed seems to fix the problem.

Edit: actually I think it may be because you change the animation to "land". This then resets the collision property, and it 'collides' again. That makes some sense to me.

But if it will only activates when "land" is playing then it shouldn't matter right?

I set it up that way so it wouldn't activate the other coins that I was throwing but I guess I could make it spawn another object that spawns the random event.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)