proximity based volume [SOLVED] :)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A well commented RPG game template to learn from or use as a base for your own game!
  • Ah I figured it out almost!

every tick

for each "emitter"

distance < threshold

trigger once

/ play

every tick

for each "emitter"

distance > threshold

trigger once

/ stop

But when I copy different instances of the emitter, it only plays one instance of the audio, it's not emitting the same sound multiple times at the different sources.

• Hmm, not too sure. If you post a simple, stripped down capx I'll take a look at it.

• sqiddster

I figured it out :)

Here I made this little build for you to hear the proximity based area sounds. I took all the gameplay out all you can do is run around the level. Use arrow keys to move. Press space in the beginning to remove the platform.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3317708/ORBIT%20AUDIO/index.html

• Wow, that's really nice ! And the graphics are awesome! Glad the sounds worked for you, they really helped the atmosphere.

• Cheers yeah, the audio is pretty essential in this game and working within the construct 2 audio limitations can be...tough. All I need now is panning, just simple panning :(

• Haha, good luck with that!

• I've got another challenge for you, volume based on speed.

GameObject speed = 0 : stop "sound"

GameObject speed > 0 : start "sound"

set "sound" volume to GameObject speed : min -20db / max 0db + rate

I'm sure it could be very similar to the proximity volume, I've been messing with it for an hour and had no luck so far

• Something like this should work. Also, you can lerp the playback rate for a pretty interesting speed-up/slow-down effect.

Object is Moving

-->Trigger Once-->Start "sound" looping

-->Set "sound" volume: lerp(-50, 0, Object.Speed/'yourObjectsMaxspeed)

• Cool thanks, I've not learnt lerp.

object.speed isn't anything that C2 can understand

• Lerp is pretty awesome, but I still don't totally understand it either! Sorry, I assumed you were using custom movement or one of the behaviours to move your sprite. If you have Custom Movement, you can say Sprite.CustomMovement.Speed,

• ah my game is all physics driven

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you solve this ?

You can calculate a rough speed by taking the hypotenuse of the vectorx/vectory for the physics object.

SQRT((Thing.Physics.VectorX^2)+(Thing.Physics.VectorY^2))

or distance(0,0,Thing.Physics.VectorX,Thing.Physics.VectorY)

It's the only thing that's missing from the physics object is a general 'speed' variable that can be accessed, rather than having to calculate it each time. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)