Multitouch Not Working

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • So I'm reasonably new to construct 2 and I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid request, but I can't seem to get multitouch to work. Following Kyatric's tutorial on creating an on screen thumbpad, I then also created a button to fire a weapon in my little game here: dropbox.com/s/yy3wny3a693qpz8/ZombieExample.capx

However, when I preview the game on my android tablet via cocoonjs, it appears that multitouch does not work as when I click the fire button and I'm navigating about, my fire button seems to override control of the touch function as the player stops moving and the joystick 'centers'.

Any ideas?

• You could check out the capx at the end of scirra.com/tutorials/398/touch-stick-controllers.

Also it's important that the hardware support multi touch. Without knowing the hardware it could be older and be single touch anyways.

• You could check out the capx at the end of scirra.com/tutorials/398/touch-stick-controllers.

Also it's important that the hardware support multi touch. Without knowing the hardware it could be older and be single touch anyways.

I have a nexus 7 with android 4.3 so it can't be hardware related if it's one of the most up to date models on the market? However, might it be the fact it's android 4.3 and cocoonjs doesn't support 4.3 very well?

• Update: I have also tried this on an iPad and I have the same problems which leads me to believe that it's a problem with the code however I can't see what's wrong with it :S If someone could take a look I would be grateful.

• galacticfan Somebody told me that 'button' objects are not supported with cocoonJS so touching it won't work. that is probably the issue if the object is a button and not a clickable sprite etc. if that is the case, use a clickable sprite! : D

• galacticfan Somebody told me that 'button' objects are not supported with cocoonJS so touching it won't work. that is probably the issue if the object is a button and not a clickable sprite etc. if that is the case, use a clickable sprite! : D

I have been using a sprite that I animated to make it appear like a button ;)

• Oops. No idea then sorry! .capx looks fine to me and I'm not familiar with Cocoon export.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • check out

scirra.com/forum/topic65502.html

where i provide a file for a possible solution for multiple touch inputs.

• check out

http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic65502.html

where i provide a file for a possible solution for multiple touch inputs.

Okay, that example works nicely. Now I just have to figure out a way of implementing it into my project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)