Memory leak? (solved)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwP9DgG02uRoYzc1SC0teXk4Z28/edit

I'm experimenting with a rain effect using the Bullet behavior. I haven't optimized it except for destroying any off-screen instances, but it still shouldn't be behaving like this. I run it in the debugger and see that the event sheet gradually eats up CPU cycles until the browser kills the game. The number of instances remains relatively constant. Either I or the garbage collector is missing something; I'm hoping it's me. Suggestions?

• Yup, I can see the same behaviour on firefox 27 here, and I don't see anything wrong with the events (granted I'm no expert).

• Imagine you're at the library, and the librarian gets right in your ear and goes ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and doesn't stop

[attachment=0:14lvgpaw][/attachment:14lvgpaw]

• pffffffffffffff thank you. This is the first time I've toyed with advanced audio effects and I had no idea what I was doing. I'm surprised that was categorized under Event sheet though!

Thanks again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I disabled the else, and the above event, and cpu did go down a bit, but to be honest it looked like garbage collection was working on my end.

• I disabled the else, and the above event, and cpu did go down a bit, but to be honest it looked like garbage collection was working on my end.

Well the CPU usage is still high (and I can bring that down mainly by making the simulation less realistic in ways that aren't noticeable) but now that I'm not adding an infinite number of audio effects the CPU usage doesn't grow over time. So that was definitely the problem, not C2's garbage collection (I am a bad workman, I love to blame my tools).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)