0 Favourites

How to get UID of two Overlapping objects ?

• Hello here is my problem :

I have 10 instances of the same sprite,

I want that when one instance is overlapping another instance, one of the two instances stop its movement.

But when I put the condition : when sprite is overlapping sprite -> stop the movement

The problem is that the two instances stop their movement whereas I want only one of the 2 to stop its movement.

So is there a way to get the UID of the two Overlapping objects and to do action separately with the two object ?

Thanks for the answers

• Use System|Pick Sprite Instance nth as a sub-event under the collision/overlap event.

As a subevent after a collsion event there are only two instance to pick. The two instances that are overlap.

It would look like this:

Sprite| Is overlapping Sprite

...System|Pick Sprite Instance 0 -> Do something with the Sprite with the lower UID than the other.

If you use 1 then you pick the Instance with the higher UID from both.

To pick the UID from each one do this.

Sprite| Is overlapping Sprite -> System| Set myUID1 to Sprite.UID

...System|Pick Sprite Instance 1 -> System| Set myUID2 to Sprite.UID

• Really thanks Asmodean for the help, Here is a link to a capx that illustrates how to pick seperately two instances that are in collision done with your help :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg7bpuodhq6e1 ... .capx?dl=0

It's the same way to select instances with collision and overlapping, so I thought it was more interesting for me to put an example based on collision and physics for people to see how it works.

in this capx, 2 sprites have physics gravity on it, when there is a collision, one sprite will jump and the other one will see its width increase, download the project with the link you will understand, if questions post it.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's a really nice example. Even after a year with Construct it amazed me how little code it take to make such a example.

Nice work!

• Yes it doesn't take a lot of code to do that, that's nice ! Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)