How do I use F12 to take screenshot on steam

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • I have my first pc game on steam (Xenia) but i dont know how to enable F12 screenshot from steam client.

I see Airscape have it working..

• It should work. It has nothing to do with your game events. Steam screenshots works on top of your game. What happens when you press F12 now? But if you are running nwjs dev build then you might open the dev console when pressing F12 so you have to disable the dev tools in that case.

• Yes, dev tools were popping on and i put when f12 is pressed>nwjs>request attention and now its not popping but also no screenshot

• You should put the --disable-dev-tools arg in the package,json and it will work. And if you do then you can remove that nwjs event you have there as well

• You should put the --disable-dev-tools arg in the package,json and it will work. And if you do then you can remove that nwjs event you have there as well

Thank you very much for your reply.

The thing is that i have no idea how to do that. How do i put --disable-dev-tools arg in it?

Also ive read that using arg my cause game crashes.

Then i thought of using normal nw.js that doesnt have dev tools? Would that work?

Yet again, how do i use that since its a zip file?

I mean, using the C2 version of NW.js is easy since its an .exe file. But the normal version (without dev tools) is a .zip. Where do i put the files after i extract?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No one answered this question precisely.

I will try to explain in a few steps how to do it. I hope it will be useful to someone.

1. Export your program from Construct and unpack it.

2. Open the folder and find the file there called "package.nw".

3. Change the extension of this file from .nw to .zip.

4. Open "package.zip" and find "package.json".

5. Open package.json using a text editor.

6. There you will find a line of text: "chromium-args": "--enable-node-worker --disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --allow-file-access-from-files --ignore-gpu-blacklist".

Add to these arguments: --disable-devtools

So we have:

"chromium-args": "--enable-node-worker --disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --allow-file-access-from-files --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-devtools"

7. Save changes and close "package.zip".

8. Change the extension of this file from .zip to .nw.

And that's all. I hope I explained how easy it can be done :)

Greetings!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)