How do I use a spritefont more often?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hey guys,

how do I use a spritefont in different areas of the game instead of creating a spritefont for every text. I have a spritefont which is 2048x2048px. That means every spritefont object has about 30mb memory cunsumption.

How can I use one spritefont for different variables I want to show. Right now I have 10 seperate objects for every text (which ends up in 300mb memory cunsumption)

Is there any way? Can you also use different behaviours on one spritefont?

Thanks and regards

• Why are the spritefonts so big? Isn't it better to have a spritefont image that only is as big as the biggest text in your game? My game has about 3 different spritefonts: small, medium, large which I use throughout the whole game for tons of different purposes. By doing this I can choose the best sized spritefont so I can avoid scaling it too much.

And you can set instance variables on the text objects or use UIDs.

Example:

On collision with coin ---> spritefont - set text to score

--------------------------------------isSCORE

On death ---> spritefont - set text to deathcounter

-------------------- isDEATH

And so on...

This way you can use the same spritefont object for alot of different things.

And yes you can use many behaviours on the same spritefont.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks. It worked

The size came from a template I bought. Don't know how to resize it to about 20% of the size.

But thanks for the quick help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)