How do I Stop This Error

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • In my game I have a crate that when broken spawns a food object. At first i only had 1 object, an orange, and everything worked fine. When i added more food, 7 in total, and added them to a family i started to get this error report.

I've tried deducting the behaviors from the family and them from each object, but if i do that the family doesn't retain the behaviors.

Can anyone explain to me what i may be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xga4r5gex38zbej/My%20games%20error.capx?dl=0

• One way to get rid of that is to move all your assets to layout that acts as object bank. It is a good practice to have that kind of layout to store all your instances. That way you don't have to keep irrelevant assets in your actual level. I'm not sure what actually causes that but, that fixed it.

One hint. If your food items are pretty much acting the same you could store them all in one sprite as animations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey thanks for the reply. I thought i seen on this forum that its better to place such things in a family rather than an animation, which i planned to do at first. I will try that.

Also can you elaborate on the object bank? Exactly what do you mean by that?

Have a blank layout with only objects on that layout instead of above their current layout?

Again thanks for the reply

• You have two image points in the same place in the banana sprite. Seems to be causing that error.

• [quote:2eyfjt27]Also can you elaborate on the object bank? Exactly what do you mean by that?

Have a blank layout with only objects on that layout instead of above their current layout?

Yes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)