How do I spawn the same object in different places?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi guys, I have one sprite that has a bullet behavior, and 2 another sprites with no behavior, its in these sprites where the bullet sprite must spawn, but the 'choosen' spawner sprite must be random. I dont know how to do that in the C2.

Could someone give a help?

In pseudo language, it would be something like this.

Every random (1, 2) seconds do{
              Choose randomly 'Sprite A' or 'Sprite B';          
              Spawn 'Bullet Sprite' in the sprite choosen;
    }[/code:74sa5fp8] w.dropbox.com/s/dptx0tup1mek1qc/spawn2places.capx
  • "System --> pick random instance" could do that for you. Then on the action spawn the bullet.

• "System --> pick random instance" could do that for you. Then on the action spawn the bullet.

It worked, thx for the help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now I have another question, I dont know if post here or if should create another topic.

Can I change the bullet movement angle, depending on the instance where the bullet was spawned?

This is my example now:

dropbox.com/s/dptx0tup1mek1qc/spawn2places.capx

• Sure. You could create an instance variable and then set the angle to what you want depending on which of the instance you picked.

Use System --> compare two values after you have picked the random spawner instance.

• Sure. You could create an instance variable and then set the angle to what you want depending on which of the instance you picked.

Use System --> compare two values after you have picked the random spawner instance.

thx for the reply, but I didn't get, Should I create an instance variable for the Spawner sprite or to the Bullet Sprite?

• If you want the spawner to spawn bullets in a curtain angle you should keep that angle on a instance variable on the spawner sprite.

• If you want the spawner to spawn bullets in a curtain angle you should keep that angle on a instance variable on the spawner sprite.

Ok, I did that, but I'm still missing something, because it's only changing the angle of motion of the bullets that had already created, I want the inverse situation :p

take a look:

www . dropbox. com/s/dptx0tup1mek1qc/spawn2places.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)