How do I simulate physics/ball tossing

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • First, I apologize if this information is in another post somewhere. I looked, but couldn't find anything - though, my non-understanding probably flubbed the process.

I am having trouble with the physics actions. It is most likely stemming from my mental struggles with physics.

I want to set up two different conditions/events/actions but (a) they are very similar and (b) I don't know how to do it.

For both situations, i would like to move an object away from the user touch/drag and release at a speed and distance relative to the speed/distance the user "tosses" it. (ie, a shorter/quicker line would mean a short distance/slow speed and vice versa).

In situation 1, the object will be standing still. In situation 2, the object will be falling and must be caught and tossed back "up". Not sure if this difference matters, but figured I'd tell you in case it does.

ALSO, with both, I would like to ensure the object rotates while traveling and travels in a path similar to an arc (again, angle dependent upon users "toss").

I know all of this is a lot. And, I apologize. Even a small bit of help with it would be appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You might wanna have a look at this thread and ask the author to reupload the .capx, looks like that's what you need.

(Also, in the future, have a look at this post, it usually answers your normal questions.)

For a simple and short example, I have created an example .capx for you.

This will suffice for your situation 1 and should give you help starting your project.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to post a reply.

• Awesome. Thank you. I was trying to find the answer on previous posts, but i guess the search terms I used weren't normal dev terms.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)