How do I reduce the File Size of APK?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • > If the file is big, check your graphics, transparencies and FX, maybe there is something that is eating up a lot of space?

>

you mean during the intelXDK process?

Thx anyway for reply hehe.

I mean the actual assets in construct. Unless what JLH1964 is true. I don't know for sure

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Reduce by all graphics (.png or ,jpeg) and sounds ( 96/128 kbps )

• JLH1964 Shack iceangel

Thx for super long and detailed advice.

You know what's the shocking part? I didn't even do first tutorial yet lollll

I will try to work hard not to let you guys down hehe

• JLH1964 Shack iceangel

Thx for super long and detailed advice.

You know what's the shocking part? I didn't even do first tutorial yet lollll

I will try to work hard not to let you guys down hehe

our please, im amazed you understood anything i wrote there, without proper commas and exclamation marks. )) i was not sleeping for the last 48 hrs, so i tend to talks weird and skip some important quotations. yes try read some tutorials, for optimization, they are like 10/15 will make u understand better the process. later need to kill a Indian in the hot-tub .

• >

> > If the file is big, check your graphics, transparencies and FX, maybe there is something that is eating up a lot of space?

> >

>

> you mean during the intelXDK process?

> Thx anyway for reply hehe.

>

Don't waste your time. The XDK / Crosswalk process adds 18+ mb to even the smallest of games. A stripped down version of chrome is used so that our apps run on devices.

I have apps written in code that are compiled at less than 1mb using Eclipse, that same app in XDK / Crosswalk is 20mb.

It is what it is

Please tell me more about this "Eclipse" compiler.

Today I just built an APK using XDK from a 3mb sized folder, the APK size was 25mb and a whopping 75+ mb when installed.

So I built another prototype game with a 207 kb cordova folder and the output APK was 20 mb. HOLY SH***....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)