How do I move the object exactly at angle of analog stick?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a twin stick shooter similar to Enter the gungeon,Nuclear Throne, Helldivers & Soul knight for the mobile device
  • Probably to get the angle of the right stick it would be:

angle(0,0,gampad.axis(0,2),gamepad.axis(0,3))

YES!!! Thanks!!! Brilliant!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello and sorry that i reanimated this older thread

But is there a different in the quality and precision between different gamepads?

For example, is a XBox-controller more accurate and precise then a cheaper version (like Gamesir G3w or CSL GamepadX or Logitech-Stuff, etc.)?

Because, when i use the code above, the angle will not exactly been shown - only in some kind of 45 degree-steps (sometimes i got really precise angle-values, then it stucks in 45 degree but i still move the analog-stick, then it jumps to 72 degrees and shows the exact angle till i'm on 90 degree, then it stuck again, etc.).

Also when i only show the axes: when i slowly move the analog-stick to the right side, a value only starts to shows when i reach a quarter of the path i can move the stick. Also the value starts at around 30, then it calculate exactly till i reach 100 - but there i'm not at the end of the way i could move the stick. There's only been shows values between the first and the penultimate section i can move the stick.

Sorry for my english and i hope you understand what i mean

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)