How do I make a platform movement (like Super Mario World)?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Hi guys

I'm developing a platform game and I have the following question:

I'm pretty sure all of you know Super Mario World. Well, do you remember these worlds?

Roy's Castle

Larry's Castle

Vanilla Dome 3

Video

http://youtu.be/h7i0tTS1Qv4?t=1m

I would like to have platforms with that kind of movement but I'm not able to do it

This is what I have

As you can see there is a little space between the blocks

The project is attached, any advice?

Thank you!

• Hello Iolva ,

This is a tough cookie for my programing level. I am sure that there is a clever way to achieve the same result. However, here is a layman's way to do it. It has some flaws but in general it works. Perhaps you can improve it

• Wow. I'm checking it right now!

• I don't have C2 around to double check, but have you tried using the pin behavior to pin the platforms together in sequence using the bar type pin (to keep all the platforms the same distance from eachother), then just move the lead platform?

That should work for the skull boat type movement. The way the blocks appear in the first two examples would take a bit more work.

When I get home from work I'll try to come up with something, if you haven't figured it out by then.

• I realized that the third level (the one with the sculls) has a different kind of platform. Here is a capx tackling that. As ryanrybot suggested, this one uses the "Pin" behavior set to rope style to do the trick.

• Here is one example using rexrainbows moveto behavior. https://www.scirra.com/forum/behavior-moveto_t63156

Edit:Small improvement and character

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I realized that the third level (the one with the sculls) has a different kind of platform. Here is a capx tacking that. As ryanrybot suggested, this one uses the "Pin" behavior set to rope style to do the trick.

Thanks, man! You rules!!!

• rigar , you are welcome!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)