"How Do I.." Make a circular platform

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello all,

I'm new to construct 2.

What I'm trying to do is make a circular gravity platformer. My questions is, How do I make circular platforms? Think of what I'm doing as having circles inside circles, with the PC running around the circles to get to the center of the map.

Is this possible with Construct 2? Is the only way this is possible to use lots and lots of collision nodes in the image editor? I was told having too many of those will cause the game to severely slow , and to make a circle would require many points.

• The way I did it was not having circles at all - I just used lots of rectangles to make big circles, and small circles were made with a few 'pizza slices' arranged in a circle. Does that make sense?

• Although I understand what you're saying, that seems like it would be a ton more work than the ability to make a circle. I can do that temporarily for the first couple levels I'm making for concept, though.

Would having a ton of individual rectangles really make it that much cleaner to load than having more collision nodes to make a circle with the nodes?

Thank you for your reply.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My suggestion is following squidsters signiture link. that's his sample and applies pretty much to what your looking for.

However there are other ways of doing it. So it's not much "can C2 do this". it's more can I do it. And the answer is yes. yes you can do it :)

If you looking for a radial based collision. Then C2 doesn't offer that. C2 offers a poly collision system with up to 8 points to make the poly. However it should be noted that 3D games use Triangles(3 point) to use for objects. So there really isn't any reason not take advantage of the triangluar shape to do circular platform. Since 3D games already do so.

• Have you taken a look at the "rotational platformer" example shipped with C2?

• I can try the triangle method as well, with multiple triangles. I'll show a simple concept of what I'm trying to do once I get one together and then maybe someone can point me to an alternative method if it doesn't work out well enough.

• Have you taken a look at the "rotational platformer" example shipped with C2?

I am using the rotational platformer as a starting point for what I'm trying to do. The only problem with it is that I'm looking for more of a smooth surface with only one hole from one radial level to the next. Like I said, after I get an example together, it'll be easier to understand probably.

Thanks for the guidance and I'll try some of them to see what will work for me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)