How do I Get my license to work with my Steam Installation?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hello,

I've downloaded the free version on steam 1 or 2 days ago. I've just bought a personal license, dropped it in my Construct 2 directory and reopened it in Steam, but It's still coming up as the free version.

How do i fix this?

[attachment=0:z9myeqw5][/attachment:z9myeqw5]

• laserbeak43

Looking at the path in your pic, it looks like you have the steam version.

Did you download the free steam version then purchase a key direct from Scirra?

If so, download construct2 from scirra too, then put your key into \Program Files\Construct 2\ .

If you download the free edition from Steam then upgraded to the full version through steam, steam handles the licence file for you, you should not have to put it there yourself.

This should help -

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/57/how-construct-2-licenses-work

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the response,

At the time that I wrote this, I was worried about Steam, its workshop and community. I'd really love to be able to have steam allow me to be a part of that as well as this one. I've also read(for Greenlight users) that Steam will provide "as many keys as you need" to people/companies who publish games, so I kind of expected that to be worked out for Construct too...

I've installed the stand-alone version of the application, but not being a part of the steam community is a downer...

• You've bought the license here? Then you won't get the steam version with it. You can add a non-steam-game to your library though and with this add construct to your library. Autoupdating through steam won't work, though. (correct me if I'm wrong)

• I don't think it would update. Would be nice to get a steam key....I've added the app to my steam library, but I don't get the same perks as i would if it were actually bought on steam, like no community forums, workshop etc....

• I don't think steam has C2 workshop-support, at least I have not seen it. Community forums from steam can be used without having the program on your account and are not very active. I wonder what you miss. Afaik be glad that you have the standalone version, since it doesn't have the performance bug and it is less of a hassle to run multiple instances of construct.

• Point taken. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)