How do I fix my file?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I've been working on a project in Construct. I hadnt worked with any of the files for a while and when I tried to open it a few days ago I got an error message stating:

"Unable to load project

Could not open project

'\\?\C:\\Users\My name\AppData\Local\Temp\cap3DKG32\New project.caproj':

Layout file

'\\?\C:\\Users\My name\AppData\Local\Temp\cap3DKG32\Layouts\Menu.xml' is missing. Was it deleted or renamed outside of Construct?"

The cap3DKG32 is different every time I try to open the file. I've tried reinstalling Construct and I've also installed it on a different computer and tried running it there, but it gave me the same error. I had numerous versions of this project saved, but each one of them gives me this error.

Anyone know how to fix this?

• capx files can be extracted with an unzip program to get at all the files inside. Sounds like something has been corrupted with it if it says a file is missing. Do you have any backups?

What I'd try is extracting the capx to a folder, look in the "layouts" folder and see if there are any other xml files there. If there are you could try to copy one and rename it to Menu.xml. What that would do is copy a layout that is still there so you can at least open the project. Then go to the parent directory and open the .caproj file and see what happens.

Best case you'd have a recent backup. Next best case would be the above steps would work and you'd only have to remake your menu layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, I'll try.

EDIT: Oh and as far as backups go. With every bit of substantial progress I make a new file so I have a series of files that are all slightly different. All of them have this problem.

• It worked! Thanks a lot, you have saved me. I'm still getting a bunch of errors but those probably have something to do with me violently uninstalling and reinstalling Construct in the past few days.

Thanks so much!

• Oh and as far as backups go. With every bit of substantial progress I make a new file so I have a series of files that are all slightly different.

That's a good idea, but have you also set the Auto backup and auto save options? https://www.scirra.com/manual/61/preferences

• No, I havent, I'll look into that. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)