How do I easily handle waves of enemies (shmup) ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Waves SFX Sea & Ocean contains 170 seamless loops.
  • You can always have a look at demos, in the Space Ship demo, he uses a good way of spawing enemies, may be this could help you

scirra.com/construct2/demos/space-blaster

• you could have done it with just an instance with different variables,

anyway it should evenly work with families,

i have here a version that can spawn at equal time, but havent found how you can with there own timing Yann , maybe you know a way? im interested myself too, cant find it

example

• I think giving every sprite it's own timer is best for things like this. 'Every x seconds' won't work as you want it to for multiple sprites.

timedWaves.capx

• i finaly found a solution for it, maybe you still want to use it

generator

ah ramones beat me to it :) yours better with dt

• Your solutions seems to be great!

My goal is to have a game I could easily modify : change, remove or add enemies, weapons, bonuses... and manage waves with different patterns and so on.

Thanks for your help, as usual ! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Edit: capx fixed

Hey guys,

since there was some talk about different kinds of enemies, but no actual project with that feature except for the Space Shooter (or I am blind), I went ahead and gave it a shot. I am a beginner, so it really caused some meltdowns in my brain during the last 3 days and there's probably still a lot of room for improvement perfomance-wise.

As I am working on a tower defense with several levels, I made it so that each level can have its own .JSON-file where the data for the Enemy-Wave-Management can be stored and fed to an array which the events have access to. If you double-click on the JSON-file, you can easily access and change it. (It opens with your standart software. I use JSONedit.):

[attachment=1:1a443rk2][/attachment:1a443rk2]

I probably could have saved some events, if one were able to address members of families or instances of an object that have a certain instance variable not only in conditions, but also in actions, somewhat like this:

[attachment=2:1a443rk2][/attachment:1a443rk2]

So all in all I think it works but again, since I'm new to this, if someone doesn't find it too complicated to have a look at it, knock yourselves out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)