0 Favourites

Global Variables?

• hi there, right, I'm just going to state some information that I believe to be correct, if I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me as im rather stuck :(

Im making a quiz game, So i think that my event sheet needs to look something like this:

-Global Variable=0

-Question 1 group

-System - Compare Variable to 0

-Set Button Text info

-Answer Button 1 - On click - +1 to global variable + Set text - Correct

-Answer Button 1 - On click - +0 to global variable + Set text - "Nope, Try again!"

-Answer Button 1 - On click - +0 to global variable + Set text - "Nope, Try again!"

-Score Count code

-Question 2 group

-System - Compare Variable to 1

-Set Button Text info

-Answer Button 1 - On click - +1 to global variable + Set text - Correct

-Score Count code

and so on...

So in order for me(Or the user) to access the next group of questions I'll have to set the correct answer button to add +1 to the global variable, so then the global variable's total would be 1 and no longer 0, so the questions from the second group would show and the others would not?.... I think..

I feel like I'm missing something here, because when I try this with my project, I cant get it to work, buttons have a delay, text wont change ect.... :( Any answers are heavily appreciated!

• CURRENT DRAFT - Project for viewing pleasure -

https://www.dropbox.com/l/b7vVDgsW988ExW4BJfuYI8

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3954039/ZZZ%20TEST.rar

Set the events of each question as a sub-event. Also use the "trigger once while true" action for events that don't need to happen every frame, such as changing the text on the buttons

• Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7Soul you've cured my problem, explained it to me and given me an example so I know exactly how it works! - Perfect!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)