Classic style menu in C2?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Alright, I totally understand now. But another question. If I am to put the entire world in one layout, is it possible to place it all in a HUGE layout, or in layers as you suggest? I am sure I could keep the memory low either way, because I can still hide things. It's just that the world will get complicated, and it's going to be hard to work between layers, but it would be easy to have an overview of the entire world on one layer. Could you explain the benefits of either, and if it's a memory issue, is there a way I can do it as I suggested and save memory in other ways than I mentioned?

• You can make the layout (world as big as you want with no drop in performance) what will make it drop in performance is what you put into that world. Make sense.

I suggest you run some tests.

Like this you should see no drop in performance.

• Oh, I see where the confusion is.

You have one layout. That layout has multiple layers. Layers 3 to 9 can be for levels 1 to 6. and Layer 10, 11, 12 can be menus and layer 13 can be GUI.

As user completes level1 layer 3 is hidden and group for layer 3 is deactivated.

Layer 4 group is activated and layer 4 is made visible.

Hi DUTOIT, I've been thinking about this idea, do you have a sample capx that I can look into?

• > Oh, I see where the confusion is.

>

> You have one layout. That layout has multiple layers. Layers 3 to 9 can be for levels 1 to 6. and Layer 10, 11, 12 can be menus and layer 13 can be GUI.

>

> As user completes level1 layer 3 is hidden and group for layer 3 is deactivated.

> Layer 4 group is activated and layer 4 is made visible.

>

>

Hi DUTOIT, I've been thinking about this idea, do you have a sample capx that I can look into?

Not in sample form, but it shouldn't take you longer than 10-20min to do yourself.

There is a nice GUI tut which actuall uses a global layout for GUI, which is simplier than what I originally said, but each has its drawbacks and pro's.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not in sample form, but it shouldn't take you longer than 10-20min to do yourself.

There is a nice which actuall uses a global layout for GUI, which is simplier than what I originally said, but each has its drawbacks and pro's.

Thanks Bratha

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)