Beginner Guide, bullet shooting left?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • I completed the guide earlier on and I wanted to recreate it again but without using the guide, I've done everything like it said to and I've gone through it 3 times now and I can't seem to find what I've done wrong but I created a custom sprite for the player and it's identical in shape to the one supplied. My problem is that when I left click to spawn a bullet instead of going forward it goes left...

I did make a mistake of adding an 8-Direction to the bullets but other than that I have remembered everything the guide said to do, does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

I'd just like to have the player facing the mouse but being able to move with 8-Direction.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hmmm sound like you might have a logic flaw that is either repeating or cannot excute it right. post capx example or Explain how you are coding would help.

• Well, I have 2 sprites one for my player and one for the enemy. The player has the scroll to, bound to layout and 8-direction behaviours and the enemy has only bullet.

(I have a mouse object in the game)

I created an event like this:

System>Every Tick>

Player set angle toward Mouse.X, Mouse.Y

Enemy set angle toward Player.X, Player.Y

Now this does what I want, the bullets go to where I click and destroy if they go outside and stuff but it's the player/enemies. Instead of them looking with their front they are looking with their left sides. I'm not sure why it's doing this but I guess an easy solution is to just rotate the images I have.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)