Asymmetrical Real-time Online Multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • I'm thinking kind of like how Kirby and the Amazing Mirror can have multiple players link up and go around an explore-able map individually, in separate rooms with the action going all on at the same time. Of course, you can have multiple players in the same room and even have one beckon for help to have the other players/AI quick jump to them. Would something like this be possible and online with Construct 2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No one?

• Probably, play around a bit with the multiplayer object and see how you can achieve this. I'd guess you only need 1 server for this though

• Probably, play around a bit with the multiplayer object and see how you can achieve this. I'd guess you only need 1 server for this though

I'm sure it's possible to at least compromise and put the map all on the same sequence, but I'd worry about resources.

• You could use a second datastorage which gets polled for information regularly.

For instance, you use the c2mp to build the rooms, and each player, when in a different room, hosts or is part of that individual room.

Next to that use something like php/mysql or firebase to store extra information relating to your gaming session/profile.

Example: you could store messages in a database, intended for another player. The other player polls the database searching for messages directed at him/her.

To overcome a unique, lasting ID, you could simply create a special ID when a player first connects, based on their IP and Device, and have that ID stored on the users device and in the remote database, and use it to store information or address another player.

Functionally: This ID should be used/transmitted in the c2mp communication by means of text communication when players interact over the c2mp.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)