In March 2017
C2 New releases
- No releases, focus was on Construct 3 for this month (see below)
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.21.1 (Chromium 57) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- The new Image and Animation editor - An article that introduces the new and improved Image and Animation editor in Construct 3. It does everything that you could do in Construct 2 and then some more.
- Event sheet improvements in Construct 3 - An article that introduces a lot of improvements and new features for the events sheet, aimed at improving the workflow in Construct 3.
- Construct's new website - A blog article about the new upcoming website for Construct 3 and Construct 2.
- Introducing Remote Preview - A blog article about this new preview option that will allow for easy sharing of a project you work on to playtesters and getting direct feedback within Construct 3 while you are still working on the project.
- UI improvements in Construct 3 - An article that displays the many improvements brought to Construct 3 User Interface and how they can add up to make your experience making games faster and funnier.
- The Construct 3 beta starts march 28 - An article that gives the date for the start of the public beta of Construct 3 and summarizes announced C3 features.
- Construct 3 game jam with Newgrounds - An article in which Tom announces a game jam that will occur during Construct 3 public beta phase, giving access to the full features version for free.
- Construct 3 public Beta now available - An article that announces the launch of the Construct 3 public Beta.
- Some bonus extra in Construct 3 - An article which indicates a few new tips and improvements you may have missed despite having access to the Beta. Amongst which, the highly requested "Create object by name", improvement to the bullet behavior's collision, access to C3 projects through URL and more.
C3 New releases
- R12 - Welcome to the Construct 3 public beta!
- R13 - The first round of bug fixes from the beta release
- R14 - Another big batch of bug fixes and improvements!
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/releases
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure to read the Bug report guidelines before posting and to provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide).
The "platform information" from the menu/about dialog is worth adding to your posts.
EDIT 06 April : The bug report process has changed. Please now
report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
March was a big month for Construct 3, following its announcement and releasing the Public Beta.
A lot of work is still on the way so keep an eye out.