Video plug-in

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • My game will heavily rely on the 'Video' object for cutscenes. Is it OK to kinda 'overuse' the Video plugin?

• yea video plugin is a good plugin to rely on, its really fast, make sure u name ur files with lowercase's before exporting if you play from files inside the C2 project and not from external links (ie. "myvideo" and not "MyVideo")

• yea video plugin is a good plugin to rely on, its really fast, make sure u name ur files with lowercase's before exporting if you play from files inside the C2 project and not from external links (ie. "myvideo" and not "MyVideo")

OK! Glad to hear that.

• You still have to pay attention to the memory usage of your game. So make sure whether loading a video in memory is more efficient then doing the "cut scene" within Construct 2 itself.

Depends also on the devices you target. Apple iphones don't like huge videos and you can't really navigate from a point to another within those videos.

Plus, as always with Apple, to start playing the video you are required to have a player input. possibly on a DOM object like a button.

• You still have to pay attention to the memory usage of your game. So make sure whether loading a video in memory is more efficient then doing the "cut scene" within Construct 2 itself.

Depends also on the devices you target. Apple iphones don't like huge videos and you can't really navigate from a point to another within those videos.

Plus, as always with Apple, to start playing the video you are required to have a player input. possibly on a DOM object like a button.

You said that right about spying on the memory usage, but i can't make my cutscene in C2. Imagine a moving body, voice, effects, etc.. You'll have to make so many events for that! I estimate that's not even enough for a free version of construct...

• Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?

It's a Plugin so will need to be added to your Layout like you would any other Object. It's under the section 'Media'.

• > Where is this Video plug in you are talking about?

>

It's a Plugin so will need to be added to your Layout like you would any other Object. It's under the section 'Media'.

Thanks. This is interesting!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)