0 Favourites

Possible "save" on preview option?

• I'm not going to lie, I sometimes get so concentrated in what I am doing that while trying to work out a kink in my project, I often forget the simple action of hitting CTRL+S to save my work. This isn't a problem in most programs, but in C2, well...I've have my few shares of crashes, and they almost always seem to happen when I decide to forget a while. I have lost a good bit of work several times now, and it's kind of a bummer every time it happens.

My question is, do you think auto-saving you project each time the preview button is hit is a worthwhile idea? I ask because I may forget to save often, but I sure do hit the preview button quite a bit, so if there was an option to allow the project to save when preview was hit that would be amazing.

Also, I'm not saying that having not saved for a while is causing the crashes, I have no idea what causes them and they are not easily repeatable...they are quite random.

• OK, so now the system crashes on occasion even when I save. This crashing is getting a bit out of hand. I'm running Windows 8.1 if it makes a difference.

• What version are you using?

• Well I was using 139. Then I upgraded to 143, and now I'm upgraded to 144.2 and it has happened in all of those versions. This is why I was wondering if it was Windows 8.1 by any chance. My GFX drivers are up to date, so I don't think it could be that.

• I like your idea :) I've had a few crashes, myself, and lost anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes of work. Of course, I'm now *trying to* save more frequently as a result, but it certainly is easy to get caught-up in what you're doing and forget.

My husband no longer asks why when he hears a loud "Arghhhh!" It's a given that I've just lost a bunch of work ... again!

Auto-saves rock :)

• I also like this kind of idea but dont forget that you have to wait every time you preview 1-2 seconds. Every X(user defined) preview save would be better I think

• While I thik it'd be a good feature, I'd hope for it to be a preference or an option. I work off a flash drive and saves can be somewhat lengthy sometimes, and it could be irritating if I just needed a quick preview of something specific.

• While I thik it'd be a good feature, I'd hope for it to be a preference or an option. I work off a flash drive and saves can be somewhat lengthy sometimes, and it could be irritating if I just needed a quick preview of something specific.

I totally agree that it should be set by the user in preferences as to whether they want this feature activated or not.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good point, wizaerd. I totally agree too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)