Playstation vita export please

0 favourites
  • I am just asking for a few basic paint tools and opacity and onion skinning and layering of sections of images, like yoyogames does offer, is that to much to ask?

• Yeah, also custom brushes and tablet pressure sensitivity and PSD import and image filters and Magic Wand and OBJ import and 3D sculpting tools and texture mapping and an animation timeline and video compositing and a C# compiler and 3D printing support and the whole of CryEngine inside the image editor. Is that too much to ask?

Gosh

• To be honest, I would not mind if C2 used a little more on his image editor, but it is not necessary, but tools like selection based on color for exemple would,be nice to have, but this is going a little off topic.

• Never say never

We also used to say, that PS4 and x86-based developing was a no-go. Voilá - enter Playstation 4 and its x86-based hardware; much easier for programmers to deal with, than the predecessor's CELL-based architecture (that weird PowerPC incarnation).

Before Kaz Hirai took the position as CEO, there was talk about porting the PS Vita OS to other devices, such as smartphones and tablets. As it is, these rumors have subsided, and personally I find it MUCH more likely, that Sony would make a next-generation hand-held console, based on Android than anything else.

Many don't know it - but actually a lot of digital cameras and TVs, actually uses Android.

And with Android will probably come HTML5 and WebGL and all our dreams will come ever so true

• what if you programmed the exporter to handle it in a different code like the same way yoyogames is doing?

I mean pure html5 can be good and all, but if a wii or wii u can handle it, why not a playstation vita, or make it possible to make games for playstation vita and 3 and 4 and xbox 360 and xbox one and nintendo ds in the future? *PLEEZE*

I was at MVA the other day following the C2 course just for fun, and one of the tech evangelist said this:

[quote:2eb0gk6m]There are plans for the Universal format to support Xbox, but no details have been announced at this time.

This might be the 2nd console we can reach after wiiu, should be a great news if it ever happen.

Ashley, does it mean the export to Windows store also deploy-able to Xbox, if they ever support xbox through their universal format?

• it's the consoles and other platforms that need to embrace html for c2 to work not the other way around!

• Indeed, C2 has chosen the Html5 gaming way so the need for multiple hand written exporters for each platform is inexistant, If the PS vita supports what C2 produce, then it will be possible, otherwise, this is not likely to happen.

• Yeah, also custom brushes and tablet pressure sensitivity and PSD import and image filters and Magic Wand and OBJ import and 3D sculpting tools and texture mapping and an animation timeline and video compositing and a C# compiler and 3D printing support and the whole of CryEngine inside the image editor. Is that too much to ask?

Gosh[/quote > > No need for the PUN,He is only asking for a feature and im quite sure he is right! > Scirra is one out of a few 2D game creation softwares that does have limited options for the image editor. > I should atleast be able to create any shape i want without needing to download any other software. > The image editor does need an overhaul.small things need to be added to compete with other softwares in the future. > The first argument is Gamemaker has it why dont we? and i know that C2 is not Gamemaker and Scirra is not YoYo Games but they are competing with eachother LIKE IT OR NOT. > > On Topic- I think most of us that do want this type of support need to blow up the sony forums and ask them when we will get our time to shine! We have Nintendo! now its time for Sony!

• Even if Scirra did provide us with a top notch image editor, it could never be on par with readily available and open-source programs like Gimp, Blender, etc. In the end this would just take more programming time away from other issues and features we all want.

And honestly, if you are finding it too difficult to double click another icon on your desktop and export your assets to C2, then you'll never make it any where as a game developer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Obviously if it's at all possible to deploy to Xbox then we will support that in a hurry.

• I share the same view as on this. The extra graphic features would be nice, but considering that Scirra is a small team, asking them to take time to work on the graphic editor would mean less work on improving the game engine. And I think we all would prefer C2 to concentrate on being the best game engine it can be. Just like how gimp or inkscape is constantly improves and try to be the best they can. In the end, if we really want to make great games, we will still need to use those graphic software because of all the additional features they have, and let's be honest, C2 will never be able to match them in terms of graphic ability, so the best approach would indeed be using C2 and another graphic software I believe.

• what if someone here had programmed a html5 emulator for xbox?

• what if someone here had programmed a html5 emulator for xbox?

Then it should be able to read directly from the html5 export I would guess, and so an official exporter would not be needed at first, and good results would potentially convince enough to have solutions for embeding it inside, and a good chunck of solid third party plugins would be really nice.

• Sorry, but creating a full blown image editor in C2 is ridiculous. Like every other game engine in the world, you are expected to use dedicated third party image editing software. You may as well ask for full blown sound editing software while you are at it.

Anyway, here is some more on HTML5 development on the xbox one http://www.develop-online.net/news/micr ... ne/0115750

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)