New to C2 and have a question about game size.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello all; I've tried using the search function with lackluster results so I figured I'd just ask on my own. I'm interested in making a platformer; one that feels like something you could have played back in the 80'/90's on nes/snes. Is it possible to make large games? I.e. could I make Kirby's Dreamland, Super Mario 3, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, Castlevania etc?

Also, would the game be capable of making rpg-esq titles like animal crossing etc?

• It's perfectly capable of any of those save for if you're expecting the 3D aspects of Animal Crossing. I'm quite far along on a 3/4 view RPG, and there are several titles among the lines of some of those others. I think Ravian is the name of a Super Metroid-like game? I dunno, there are a few. It can definitely go beyond the capabilities of those classic titles too (search Airscape).

Mobile performance isn't the best, but if you're targeting web or desktop, it shouldn't be any problem.

• It's perfectly capable of any of those save for if you're expecting the 3D aspects of Animal Crossing. I'm quite far along on a 3/4 view RPG, and there are several titles among the lines of some of those others. I think Ravian is the name of a Super Metroid-like game? I dunno, there are a few. It can definitely go beyond the capabilities of those classic titles too (search Airscape).

Mobile performance isn't the best, but if you're targeting web or desktop, it shouldn't be any problem.

Thank you for the information, C-7! Referring to your comment about 3D; I knew enough about the engine not to expect much in the way of 3D, however, I'm solely interested in sprite based projects

I did forget to elaborate on my question a bit, though. Thinking along the lines of rpg/animal crossing; is it possible to allow multiplayer? Like, 4-6 diff players all on their own pc playing in the world simultaneously?

• I have a platform game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .tobyworld

Maybe you should give it a try!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Multiplayer is certainly possible--it has official plugins for it. However, multiplayer is notoriously difficult to do. If you're starting out, you should hold off on that idea for a little while.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)