Mobile, facebook and cocoonjs question

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • If we develop a game using C2, and want it to use FB as a platform for login/freemium payments/leaderboards etc, its easy on desktop. No extra SW or Licenses required.

But FB on Mobile is a different beast. Currently, it will offer to download a native version of your app when you open FB in a browser on a mobile device.

So to use FB, do we need to wrap the app and make it native?

I understand that cocoonjs is the best option, except that it costs a fortune (I have heard £50/m and up), and doesnt work with the C2 FB functionality, so its a non starter for us (unless the app took off and made money).

What options are there for creating a FB game on mobile?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:17hcrqo0]But FB on Mobile is a different beast. Currently, it will offer to download a native version of your app when you open FB in a browser on a mobile device.

What plugins/method are you using to post to facebook?

[quote:17hcrqo0]I understand that cocoonjs is the best option, except that it costs a fortune (I have heard £50/m and up), and doesnt work with the C2 FB functionality, so its a non starter for us (unless the app took off and made money).

I assume you have written cocoonjs but mean a different platform?

• Currently, we have written a number of stand alone games in C2, not wrapped. Looking at doing a FB version, which will work fine on desktop just using the C2 FB plugin, but we are not sure how it works on mobile. We are assuming that to use FB on mobile (for authentication, payments, leaderboards etc) we would have to wrap the html5 game in either phonegap or cocoonjs. Is this correct? Or can facebook on mobile (web based facebook page or mobile facebook app) launch native HTML5 apps?

Thanks,

• At present you can't do use facebook with a wrapper.

-CocoonJS says they are working on one in the next few weeks.

-PhoneGap there are a few plugins but none that do everything you mention. I think Scirra are looking into getting the official plugins working in the next beta, but to support which features is unknown (https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116818).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)