Local Multiplayer on Mobile (without internet)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Unlock platyers earning coins, and save it with Localstorage
  • Hi,

I'm trying to create a local/couch multiplayer game for mobile devices much like Spaceteam (which is a great game and you should play if you haven't already). It has a very convenient feature where players can connect to each other either via Bluetooth or Wifi using a peer to peer connection. The best part is that it does this even if there is no internet.

From what I have read, Construct can only make a multiplayer connection using its signalling server which requires the internet. The other option is to buy the signalling server and install it on a LAN but the server only runs on computer devices and not on mobile. Also if it did, it is very unlikely that I can ship every game with its own signalling server.

I say this because I want the game to be accessible with or without the internet, using Wifi or Bluetooth.

Is this possible with Construct in any way? Has someone tried something similar?

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a local/couch multiplayer game for mobile devices much like Spaceteam (which is a great game and you should play if you haven't already). It has a very convenient feature where players can connect to each other either via Bluetooth or Wifi using a peer to peer connection. The best part is that it does this even if there is no internet.

From what I have read, Construct can only make a multiplayer connection using its signalling server which requires the internet. The other option is to buy the signalling server and install it on a LAN but the server only runs on computer devices and not on mobile. Also if it did, it is very unlikely that I can ship every game with its own signalling server.

I say this because I want the game to be accessible with or without the internet, using Wifi or Bluetooth.

Is this possible with Construct in any way? Has someone tried something similar?

you must use websocket and nodejs

but your clients must input the host ip in local network

• Thanks for the reply Mahdi71.

Can I get some more info on this? Is there an example or tutorial for something similar that I can use to learn the basics and recreate that in C2?

• Thanks for the reply Mahdi71.

Can I get some more info on this? Is there an example or tutorial for something similar that I can use to learn the basics and recreate that in C2?

I also want to know the same. some help? plz

• I did some reading on WebSocket plugin (https://www.scirra.com/manual/153/websocket). It says "Construct 2 does not provide a server nor can the WebSocket plugin be used to make a server. If you don't already have a WebSocket server set up, you will need to create one yourself using a technology like node.js with WebSocket support. This can be a significant undertaking and require server-side programming knowledge."

Would love to hear if someone has any previous experience on this.

• hi

if you want me to answer please use like ( whoisda ) or replay me.

for websocket you have to know javascript wich is easy

here is some tuts:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

_or you can search google for more ..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks again mahdi71, These tutorials are great.

I'll try to recreate this to learn some basics after that I'll try to see of there is any way I can create a server on mobile devices.

I still have to see how viable it will be since the official documentation says it only supports text message. Let's see.

• hi

if you want me to answer please use like ( whoisda ) or replay me.

for websocket you have to know javascript wich is easy

here is some tuts:

_or you can search google for more ..

Thank you for sharing this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)