current exporting documentation?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hey folks

Ive been using construct for over a year now and have 2 apps on the app store which were exported with Cocoonjs. Its been awhile but I'm starting the next game and it seems things have changed? I read about ejecta and more recently promises with phonegap and IOS8.

Where can I find a "best practices for exporting" that is actually updated as developments are made? I find this one of the most confusing part about construct 2 is that the forums might be extensive, but its hard to tell if what I am reading is outdated and no longer relevant.

Is phone gap now the way to go? The blogpost hinted that it would be but not quite yet.

Thanks!!

Dan

• For iOS I'm using Ejecta for quite some time now since memory management was implemented.

As far as phonegap goes, it is the more optimal solution since Ejecta (same as CocoonJS) is not a real browser engine and thus has some limitations.

Phonegap is currently recommended for iOS 8.0+ devices due to the poor performance of the older version's browsers.

It's up to you to test your app and see if your app performs better with phonegap and if limiting yourself to iOS8 is worth it.

• This issue is indeed quite hard to follow since there are constant changes on C2 as well as on the wrappers end.

I recently finished the development of a quite heave mobile app (~160Mb) using Ejecta wrapper for the iOS version. I followed the Ejecta tutorial by Ashley and this workflow worked for me fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks...is there an up to date phone gap documentation/tutorial? Also, is Ejecta still limited to IAds or us ad mob supported? what about monotization on phone gap?

would be great if there were current documentation that one could reference....thanks!!

Dan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)