Copy many animations...

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Hey all,

Is there any way to bulk copy animations between sprites... other than just to copy the sprite?

Let me know!

M

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure what you mean by between sprites but when you copy the image is copied to the clipboard and it only holds one image at a time.

When you save your project as a project file all animations are saved in the animation file and you can use import images from file in the sprite editor to load a single image or multiple images.

Right click on the animation frame box and you will see import frames.

That is the way I bulk copy frames from one sprite to another.

• Maybe you can use the 'Family' feature of C2 to achieve same animation.. (I remember there was a tuitorial for that right in Examples of C2)

• Sorry, I suppose I should have been more specific

I have a 'selector' that you thumb through with the arrow keys (it iterates through a number of animations). I want to make a distinct one that appears over the character (I'm making kind of a character customization thing) that sets its animation based on the animation of the selector.

ergo, the two items need to have the same animations. Here's the problem - there are *hundreds* of animations in the selector currently. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to take all of those animations, and then just copy them over to the new sprite.

• Sorry, I suppose I should have been more specific

I have a 'selector' that you thumb through with the arrow keys (it iterates through a number of animations). I want to make a distinct one that appears over the character (I'm making kind of a character customization thing) that sets its animation based on the animation of the selector.

ergo, the two items need to have the same animations. Here's the problem - there are *hundreds* of animations in the selector currently. So, I'm wondering if there's a way to take all of those animations, and then just copy them over to the new sprite.

Easiest way I can think of is to save your game or whatever as a project file and then open your new sprite and right click on animations import files and open the animations file from your project and select all the animations you want for the new sprite.

• I'll give it a try and let you know!

• I solved this by manually importing the animations to one sprite, then copying the sprite itself 3 times, then swapping it into the code where the others used to sit.

Thanks for all of your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)