Can this make multiplayer Facebook games?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • I'll admit I haven't done much since downloading Construct 2. I do have ideas, though. I've started looking around a bit, but I wonder:

I'm not asking for a tutorial or anything.. just wondering if this is possible: Can this make multi player Facebook games? Like people join and are put in a lobby.. you create a room and up to 4 people can play at once? Like say a card game.

• As I am new to C2 fom what I am seeing, and reading that it is possible but as I have learned in the last few months of studying and reading and working. It takes alot of time effort and willingness to make it all happen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • any news?

yuppicide have you done your multiplayer game?

• Construct 2 doesn't currently have built-in multiplayer features. However, it doesn't mean it's not possible - if you use the Javascript SDK, you can make plugins that use AJAX or Websockets and implement your multiplayer game that way, but it will mean doing coding.

• wow this is so old and outdated. For anyone who finds this, there is a built in multiplayer plugin, and a facebook plugin as well.

Currently, the Facebook plugin isn't working right out of the box, but there is a fix for it on the forums.

Can I be a forum janitor? Outdated info like this is just taking up space and researcher's time, and could be either removed or marked as outdated at least. This still does appear in google search results too.

While searching for other info, I've been discouraged at seeing "x" not supported or "y" is broken, only to find out later after I abandoned my project, I was misguided by old outdated information. I managed to stumble upon the new info buried deep in a thread that says "x" is supported or there is a fix for "y".

Just a bit of rambling I guess, but a more tidy forum would be nice....

• wow this is so old and outdated. For anyone who finds this, there is a built in multiplayer plugin, and a facebook plugin as well.

Currently, the Facebook plugin isn't working right out of the box, but there is a fix for it on the forums.

I'm working on it, I had to make myself the login with facebook and the other stuff...

some plugin doesn't support minify script, or don't have some function...or you have to make a loops to retrieve some data....

I'm not making any plugin, I'm working with the php SDK, and for now I achieved this:

1° at the first time the user access in your app, appear a fantastic pop up for the permission (just the first time) in some plugin, you have to click a buttun (in the app) to load the popup...when you agreed with the permission at the first time,and when you reopen the app, the login is automatic! you don't need to make any button!

2° you will have all of your data (your score,username,id,mail...etc) (plugin already do this.., but sometime you have to make more action for retrieve more data, like your score)

3° you will have a ready array for c2 to use it, you don't need to make any loop...just one click and you will have:

-all friends who use the app (NAME,ID,PICTUREURL)

-friends who use the app with the score (NAME,SCORE,ID,PICTUREURL)

-friends who don't use the same app (NAME,ID,PICTUREURL) I have to made this one, but it's easy.

the all data of these 3 points are loader in just a second, and they are ready to use before the app is loaded, so, when the app it's ready, you have just to call 2 ajax to retrieve everythings fine!

You can also post the score in one click, and you can unlock an ACHIEVEMENT just with one click! easy to use and fast, you don't need any extra plugin! so, this means if mobile support AJAX, everything will works fine!

and, for the score and the achievement, your friends will see everything in the activity!

I'm still working in it, early, I will add:

• invite the friends who don't use the app.

-see what achievement you unlocked (so, when you are in the game, you can see what achievement you have to unclock and what is already unlocked, without use your database)

-request! send a life or anything you want.... (this is good if the app use a external database)

-post and other things....

when I finish to make everythings, I will add an option who want to make with a database, so, for example, if you want to store coin, diamond...etc, I will make a script who works with facebook...

I'm making this for my game, but I will publish when I finish!

• I'm working on it, I had to make myself the login with facebook and the other stuff...

I'm not making any plugin, I'm working with the php SDK, and for now I achieved this:

when I finish to make everythings, I will add an option who want to make with a database, so, for example, if you want to store coin, diamond...etc, I will make a script who works with facebook...

I'm making this for my game, but I will publish when I finish!

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll keep an eye out for your future post!

• >

>

> I'm working on it, I had to make myself the login with facebook and the other stuff...

>

> I'm not making any plugin, I'm working with the php SDK, and for now I achieved this:

>

> when I finish to make everythings, I will add an option who want to make with a database, so, for example, if you want to store coin, diamond...etc, I will make a script who works with facebook...

>

> I'm making this for my game, but I will publish when I finish!

>

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll keep an eye out for your future post!

It's the best method, All of the plugin I tried for the login you have to click a button? or something like that...

another things, for retrieve data, if you have to load some information with the plugin , you have to make a loop (wait a lot of time...if you have 300 friends for example...) or make a lot of call... in php, when you finish your script, you can do everything you want... just decide what do you need at the start...

now I'm working to see what Achievements the app has (I made it) and now, edit the array in php where the player unlock the Achievement, so, in the final step, when you will use in your project, you have an array list with all achievements of the app (it's autoupdate) with the achievements unlocked, and when you are making your menu with the image of every achievements, just make a simple script who looks on the array if the self.(achievementSprite) is unlocked... I'm making this to adapt for every game... the idea it's to concentrate in your game, and when you need facebook, you have to call just 1 AJAX.LastData...and it's already loaded in the SESSION.

but the important thing, this is loaded very fast before the game it's loaded, so, you don't have to make any loading to retrieve data... and works well!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)