Admob and Browser object not working in latest XDK update

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • [quote:1lnvl9dj]5.1.1 since they improve the performance

Improve the performance??? Strange, my example barely works with 5.1.1, when it's run perfect with 4.1.2 All this issue is not clear at all

• Gosh Darnit I want a fix! This is a huge breaking point for me, my users have no way to hit the share button, I'm loosing a LOT of installs per day!

• I have no idea how plugins are made, but should Scirra fix this on their side? Or should/could Intel have made their update compatible with C2's plugin?

• Build on intel xdk R2548

ios build

android build

add plugins to intelxdk.config.additions.xml

• Niche, did you TEST this or are you just throwing screen shots out? I have tested with the plugin already "Cordova In App Browser" and it had no effect.

Still, I'll try it again. Thx for trying to be helpful, let's see how it goes.

• nichekeys - THIS DOES NOT WORK

So, we are still waiting for a fix to this problem... :S

• cybertron7 please,see this log problem. I can build complete.

if error in plugin please, remove all plugins then readd again.

• nichekeys Hi again. I removed all plugins, and tried to compile with NO plugins at all. Same thing. I press the browser button to launch a website, and nothing happens

• Here is the problem I am getting:

App.loadUrl

The program under test has called the native part of a Cordova plugin that is unknown to the emulator.

It appears that we are missing emulation for that API.

Push the Fail button to continue the API by calling the fail callback.

Push the Success button to continue the API by calling the success callback.

• cybertron7

please, recheck intel xdk setting

• nichekeys Hi again. I removed all plugins, and tried to compile with NO plugins at all. Same thing. I press the browser button to launch a website, and nothing happens

in cordova 5.x add a whitelist policy for navigating the application webview. (external url)

please, downgrade to cordova 4.1.2 to not use whitelist policy

see

github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-whitelist

• Problem over here too. The browser is partially working, alerts and close game for example work fine. But if I try to go to an url, that doesn't work.

Do you use Intel XDK, Cordova 5.1.1 CLI? If that is so, then I believe the issue is that C2 hasn't updatet it's Cordova to 5... Try downgrading to Cordova 4. in Intel XDK, it helped me, sounds, browser and Admob plugin work fine...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could someone please post the right configuration for Admob and Browser features? What plugins and versions should be included exactly?

Thanks!!

• Yes saf I'm using 5.1.1. I don't wanna have to go back to cord 4, my game runs perfect with 5.1, I just want some fixes for this mess....

• (Less important ) Question 2: why did you type CW7~14?

Using CW 7 through 14 fixed the browser object "go to URL", not sure about interstitial, however, when I had troubles with interstitials, after couple of days of headache, I discovered I had an extra space at the end of interstitial ID string in C2, removing that space fixed it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)